So I just purchased my first ever Blackberry Curve 8330 from Verizon yesterday, and am so thrilled that multi-calendar support is available with Google Sync. I was on a Moto Q before, and had to use 3rd party software to do this (oggsync), which ended up deleting my calendar entries for the past year. It was a total nightmare.

I'm loving this new setup, however, is there anyway to assign colors to my different GCal's that are now listed in my BB's calendar program? All of them show up with a blue background now, but I would love to customize them so I can quickly see which appointments are with each calendar.

Is this possible with my OS? I hope I don't have to upgrade to os4.5, b/c that just scares me!

I am using v4.3.0.127

Thanks!
    09-13-08 06:35 AM
    From what I have seen in other posts on this subject, I am sorry to say that colors are not supported on the BB
    09-13-08 06:44 AM
    How do I get googlesync? That would be perfect to sync my google cal with bb cal!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 02:50 PM
    How do I get googlesync? That would be perfect to sync my google cal with bb cal!

go to m.google.com in your BB browser and download Sync.
    09-13-08 02:53 PM
    It worked! SO simple! Thank you, thanks I've been looking for Google's Mobile site too.
    09-14-08 06:28 PM
    So I just purchased my first ever Blackberry Curve 8330 from Verizon yesterday, and am so thrilled that multi-calendar support is available with Google Sync. I was on a Moto Q before, and had to use 3rd party software to do this (oggsync), which ended up deleting my calendar entries for the past year. It was a total nightmare.

I'm loving this new setup, however, is there anyway to assign colors to my different GCal's that are now listed in my BB's calendar program? All of them show up with a blue background now, but I would love to customize them so I can quickly see which appointments are with each calendar.

Is this possible with my OS? I hope I don't have to upgrade to os4.5, b/c that just scares me!

I am using v4.3.0.127

Thanks!
    You should go to the calendar go to the options there you will be able to change colors for the multiple calendars you have. Just make sure that you have the service books for the email address

09-14-08 07:01 PM
    Can you also upload the contacts that you have in gmail to your bberry?
    09-14-08 07:52 PM
    I would like to know this as well.
    09-14-08 08:03 PM
    You should go to the calendar go to the options there you will be able to change colors for the multiple calendars you have. Just make sure that you have the service books for the email address

I just tried that, but it changed every entry to the same color, just as before they were all blue. The only option I had was for my one email address, and that email is not associated in any way to the email my google calendar is associated with.

Ideally, I'd like to view my calendars on my blackberry the same way they are on Google Calendar. That is, my personal calendar is Red, my business calendar is Green, my colleague's is Blue, etc.

It looks like this is a function that would have to be built into the Sync program itself, right?
    09-14-08 08:22 PM
    As far as I know,there is not a way to sync the two directly. It may be possible if you have Outlook (with Outlook as the go-between).
    09-14-08 08:49 PM
    As far as I know,there is not a way to sync the two directly. It may be possible if you have Outlook (with Outlook as the go-between).
    I might be wrong: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/gma...ly-beta-59004/
    09-14-08 09:00 PM
    I just tried that, but it changed every entry to the same color, just as before they were all blue. The only option I had was for my one email address, and that email is not associated in any way to the email my google calendar is associated with.

Ideally, I'd like to view my calendars on my blackberry the same way they are on Google Calendar. That is, my personal calendar is Red, my business calendar is Green, my colleague's is Blue, etc.

It looks like this is a function that would have to be built into the Sync program itself, right?
    As I understand it, your Blackberry can have ONE calendar per email address. You can specify a color for each of these calendars. What Google Sync does is sync one or more of your Google calendars with your default Blackberry calendar. It's basically treating all of the Google calendars (that you select) as a single calendar.

Remember - Google Sync is a beta app. If things proceed at Google speed, it could still be beta years from now.
    09-14-08 11:16 PM
    Does anyone know if OS 4.7, like the Bold uses, has this multi-calendar color option thru Google Cal?
    09-16-08 10:42 AM
    To confirm an earlier post you can have one color per email address thus one per calendar.
    09-16-08 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD