ok so here is the story...

im in bc canada, on a mac, my mom has never updated OS or anything. so i decided to update it for her... long story short i wiped it clean.. so clean it got a 507 error when i went to start it up. so i installed all the stuff needed it works now the only thing that doesnt work is syncing google calendar it will say "server problem please check network settings or try again later"

everything works except that. she has a 8330 ive pulled bat and restarted the mac and still nothing.... she is using missing sync

and to the guy that will post use the search button ive been looking for the fix for the past 2 hours the only thing i found was make sure to have 1 calendar "delete the calendar you dont use".... she only has 1
    02-26-09 01:13 AM
    You can try to look at options>advanced options>default services to make sure her calendar is in there. Also look at options>advanced options>TCP and make sure the APN is not blanked out...

I tried a sync just now to see if the service was down but it worked fine.. Last resort would be to uninstall>reinstall GS ?
    02-26-09 01:26 AM
    default services is blank : /
    02-26-09 01:30 AM
    Is her calendar functioning ok on the bb itself? I guess you could try to resend the service books but I will be honest I am not sure if this is proper protocol for this service missing. Email for this acct/calendar working ok?

Check to see if there is a servicebook for that email/calendar in advanced options>service book [email protected] [CICAL]
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-26-09 at 01:48 AM.
    02-26-09 01:39 AM
    yeah i can open the bb calendar. i can open the google calendar on the mac i can even open google calendar on the BB. i can add events and delete on both of them. its as if the bb just not plugged in or something(but it is). i even tried bluetooth just to make sure... BAH im getting so pissed
    Last edited by ineffable1337; 02-26-09 at 01:50 AM. Reason: adding more
    02-26-09 01:48 AM
    Well if it were me I would backup my info, my calendar on the mac and delete the service book above, then log into the BIS for verizon (if that is the case) and re-send the service books.

BlackBerry Internet Service

You could just wait for an actual "guru" to come by and help. Usually there is no harm in deleting the svc bk and resending them however your default cal missing stumps me....Wish I could be of more help
    02-26-09 01:51 AM
    might have got it testing
    02-26-09 01:57 AM
    might have got it testing
    Sweeet! Let me know if its working, what resolved it. I am OCD city I gotta know....
    02-26-09 01:57 AM
    ok it worked... google sync<options<select calendar<sync now
    and it worked idk what changed from the last 9billion times i tried it but it did...... :?
    thanx for the help
    oh btw i synced it OTA not through the mac... that might have been the problem
    02-26-09 02:06 AM
    Ahhh aye that was the problem. When I did my test sync within GS on the BB it worked fine, far as I know that is the ONLY way it works - it will not update through the computer. I mean you can edit it on either the BB or calendar on the computer but to move it over its through GS. Sync Now.

One last thing I do with mine since I dont want it syncing all the time is set it to manual - Every couple of days I hit sync now and it moves all the info over. That is just the OCD in me I have to know what is running and when

Glad it is solved, enjoy......
    02-26-09 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD