Ok I searched the site and cannot find the solution to my problem. I signed up for a google calendar, I signed up for mobile alerts, I downloaded google sync. It says sync was successful but none of the events on my laptop calendar are synching to my google calendar. I tried to set my default calendar to google but my only blackberry and comcast email accounts are choices. PLEASE help!!!!
    08-24-08 08:56 PM
    08-24-08 09:03 PM
    ummm that was not helpful---I already did everything there. thanks any other suggestions?
    08-24-08 09:08 PM
    08-24-08 09:11 PM
    Ok I searched the site and cannot find the solution to my problem. I signed up for a google calendar, I signed up for mobile alerts, I downloaded google sync. It says sync was successful but none of the events on my laptop calendar are synching to my google calendar. I tried to set my default calendar to google but my only blackberry and comcast email accounts are choices. PLEASE help!!!!

I have google calendar and sync with my blackberry calendar, but I'm confused with this part: "on my laptop calendar are synching to my google calendar." You're trying to sync a calendar you have on your laptop with google calendar?
    08-24-08 09:15 PM
    tried that and what they said would be there was not.
    08-24-08 09:16 PM
    I have google calendar and sync with my blackberry calendar, but I'm confused with this part: "on my laptop calendar are synching to my google calendar." You're trying to sync a calendar you have on your laptop with google calendar?
    I just meant the calendar on google versus the calendar on my BB. I want to synch my google calendar with my BB.
    08-24-08 09:18 PM
    OK, and you've downloaded the google sync application to your BB? And when you open the calendar on your BB, use the menu key, is there an option for "Sync"?
    08-24-08 09:20 PM
    OK, and you've downloaded the google sync application to your BB? And when you open the calendar on your BB, use the menu key, is there an option for "Sync"?
    YEs but nothing happens. this is the message I get:

Last Successful Sync
    24 aug 2008 213134
    new events: 4
    deleted events: 0
    updated events: 0

Data usage transferred since 1aug 3KB

When I check my BB calendar none of what is one my Google calendar are there.
    08-24-08 09:24 PM
    Check "Options" and be sure you've enabled "2 Way Sync".
    08-24-08 09:25 PM
    Check "Options" and be sure you've enabled "2 Way Sync".
    where which options?
    08-24-08 09:27 PM
    At the status screen "Last Successful Sync, Data Usage....etc" Hit menu> Options
    08-24-08 09:29 PM
    At the status screen "Last Successful Sync, Data Usage....etc" Hit menu> Options
    Here is what it says under options:

Sync
    When to Sync Automatic
    On Conflicts Server wins
    Sync events for next 24 weeks

Sync these calendars:

<my name is here>
    08-24-08 09:34 PM
    You are 100% correct, I don't know why I was thinking the 2 way sync thing, maybe I was thinking of something else.

Are you trying to sync single events or recurring events? Try doing just a single to be sure that works.

If anyone else could jump in here that would be great I'm running out of help for this guy!
    08-24-08 09:39 PM
    You are 100% correct, I don't know why I was thinking the 2 way sync thing, maybe I was thinking of something else.

Are you trying to sync single events or recurring events? Try doing just a single to be sure that works.

If anyone else could jump in here that would be great I'm running out of help for this guy!
    I thought of that too, so I entered one of each and netiher is synching. I AM A WOMANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    08-24-08 09:42 PM
    I just realized the message I get after synching has not changed since the first sync.
    08-24-08 09:50 PM
    OK I did the ole battery pull and guess what? It is working now!!!! Who knew!!! THANKS TO YOU ALL!!!!!
    08-24-08 09:55 PM
    ok I spoke too soon. It is reading from google calendar but google calendar is not reading BB. What is this two way synch I hear of? I want it to go both ways.
    08-24-08 10:05 PM
    You cannot sync anything from your blackberry or calendar from BEFORE you downloaded your software onto your blackberry. You have to download the sync first. Everything AFTER the download will sync, but nothing else.
    08-24-08 10:35 PM
    Is there any work-around in order to have the previous items that are located on the blackberry to sync with google? They won't even sync right now with my outlook. I never had any problems synching with outlook before, but now trying to work around this problem.
    08-27-08 03:13 PM
    nope, all previous items need to re-added, except then when you sync again, they will become duplicates
    08-27-08 03:54 PM
    I am in the same boat. I downloaded google sync and it worked fined. So today I go to google calendar to add birthdays and a couple of events, run the sync through BB calendar and only a couple of things show up. Did a battery pull earlier and still nothing. What's the purpose of having it if its only going to half a~~ work? Please help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 10:20 PM
    08-28-08 03:43 AM
    Ok now the events are showing but the birthdays are not showing after Jan 09. For those i have set for birthday in April, it is not showing, or any month after that. I have all of the birthdays set to recurring end never on google calendar. My calendar look a hot a~~ mess. What am I doing wrong?
    08-28-08 01:14 PM
    Ok now the events are showing but the birthdays are not showing after Jan 09. For those i have set for birthday in April, it is not showing, or any month after that. I have all of the birthdays set to recurring end never on google calendar. My calendar look a hot a~~ mess. What am I doing wrong?
    One thing the calender does, is it will only keep things for a certain number of days, forward or backwards to keep the file size small. In the options, you can set the span 15 days, 30, 60, 90, forever. If you set it to forever, and you have a lot of entries, your calendar file may get big enough to clear your call history, I keep mine set at 30 days, and I have maybe 30 entries entered in a month.
    08-28-08 02:45 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD