Wonder if anyone can shed any light on this...

My new company (a small start-up) uses Google Apps for our email calendaring etc. (it's like gmail but my email is [email protected])

However syncing seems to be terrible. I'd heard that a regular gmail address syncs well 2 way with BIS, but the Google Apps email seems to work like Pop3 (e.g. you have to delete on both clients). I know Google has a mail client in Blackberry but it's horrible and I just want to use the regular blackberry mail client.

Also getting a huge problem with duplicate calendar invites using the google calendar sync app.

Plus haven't worked out a way to sync contacts (though I suspect that is the easiest question)
    06-12-08 12:48 PM
    GMail IMAP (which syncs both ways) is crappy - delays in getting email etc. POP is the way to go for instant delivery, however it won't sync.

For your calendar, I'd delete the whole thing on your BB through the Desktop Manager's backup/restore - then sync with Google again and you should be set.

No way to sync contacts at the moment. You can sync with Outlook but thats about it. So you could technically export from Gmail, sync to Outlook and then your BB - but thats a pain IMO.
    06-12-08 01:02 PM
    GMail IMAP (which syncs both ways) is crappy - delays in getting email etc. .

I've never found a delay in getting mail.
    06-12-08 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD