After spending only a short few months here, I am so sad to say that I have to leave the blackberry community.

Yesterday, the Malaysian Government announced fuel price increase of 40%. This will affect me greatly as I drive to work everyday. With this increase, my fuel expenses would go up by RM300 per month.

I am paying RM100 for my BIS every month, and with a new house, new car and a new family to support, I don't think I can afford the luxury of subscribing to BIS anymore. I have to put my family first, and saving money for rainy days is more important than having a blackberry.

It's been great to join you all, albeit for a short period of time only. I wish that we can meet again. For all of you who are coming to Malaysia anytime soon, do contact me at [email protected] and maybe we can meet up.

I love my Curve and I'm going into depression just thinking that I have to let my Blackberry go. Wish me luck with my old Dopod 818 Pro.
    06-05-08 06:31 AM
    sorry this is effecting you so
    06-05-08 06:40 AM
    Dang that just plain sucks... I'll get rid of cable TV, going out to eat, even showering each day before I give up my BB
    06-05-08 07:12 AM
    After spending only a short few months here, I am so sad to say that I have to leave the blackberry community.

Yesterday, the Malaysian Government announced fuel price increase of 40%. This will affect me greatly as I drive to work everyday. With this increase, my fuel expenses would go up by RM300 per month.

I am paying RM100 for my BIS every month, and with a new house, new car and a new family to support, I don't think I can afford the luxury of subscribing to BIS anymore. I have to put my family first, and saving money for rainy days is more important than having a blackberry.

It's been great to join you all, albeit for a short period of time only. I wish that we can meet again. For all of you who are coming to Malaysia anytime soon, do contact me at [email protected] and maybe we can meet up.

I love my Curve and I'm going into depression just thinking that I have to let my Blackberry go. Wish me luck with my old Dopod 818 Pro.
    This is quite understandable, for I have a family as well to think about. I don't know about Vodafone but you can suspend your data plan and just use the voice, like what I did. By the way, what does RM stand for?
    06-05-08 07:16 AM
    Hey, no one can fault you for doing what you must, especially in terms of providing for your family.

Good luck to you. And you can always stop by here from time to time and say "Hi"
    06-05-08 07:24 AM
    [QUOTE=otacon;368094]After spending only a short few months here, I am so sad to say that I have to leave the blackberry community.

I love my Curve and I'm going into depression just thinking that I have to let my Blackberry go. Wish me luck with my old Dopod 818 Pro.[/QU

I too feel your pain, the cost of everything is getting so high a lot of my friends are dropping their service also. I am going to miss having BB messenger buddies, but look at the bright side you can always stop by and have plenty of people to talk you. Sorry to see you go.
    Last edited by Threefive; 06-05-08 at 07:34 AM.
    06-05-08 07:30 AM
    By the way, what does RM stand for?
    Malaysian Ringgit - 100 RM is about US $30
    06-05-08 07:33 AM
    You must do what you must for your family. I'm sorry this is affecting you like this.
    06-05-08 07:37 AM
    You don't HAVE to leave. I didn't have a BB for the first couple of weeks that I belonged here and still contributed. Stick around!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 07:49 AM
    Sorry to hear that. I hope that everything works out well for you.
    06-05-08 07:51 AM
    I'd ride a bike to work before giving up my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 07:55 AM
    you do what you gotta do for your family, man - a 40% increase is a lot!
    have you gotten married yet?
    yeah you should still come by crackberry from your pc
    things are tough all over because of fuel, they need to produce fuel cell cars or talk opec into being reasonable!!!
    06-05-08 07:57 AM
    your a good man i respect you for your decision. when that depression sets in just look at the house the car and the family and tell yourself it was worth it.

having said that sorry to see you go.
    06-05-08 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD