I very badly want the BB Curve 8320 in Pale Gold. US Cellular doesn't have it in gold.

Is there any way to buy this phone anywhere else and have it unlocked or converted to work with USC?

I've also written and told them that I'm eligible to upgrade in July 2010 and that if they don't have any other colors, I would seriously consider paying the early termination fee and switching to T-Mobile just to get that gold phone.

I'm not technically skilled enough to buy any parts and build my own; I've seen that option somewhere.

I WANT THAT PHONE IN GOLD !!!. Any suggestions would be appreciated from you phone gurus.
    Last edited by SapphireStar; 01-12-10 at 01:41 PM. Reason: clarification of topic
    01-12-10 01:34 PM
    You cannot unlock the 8320 to use it on US Cellular which I believe is a CDMA carrier. And I'm not sure if you can put a 8320 housing on the 8330. I guess if you want the 8320 that bad you can wait till your contract is up or pay a early cancellation fee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 01:44 PM
    I've also written and told them that I'm eligible to upgrade in July 2010 and that if they don't have any other colors, I would seriously consider paying the early termination fee and switching to T-Mobile just to get that gold phone.
    LOL I doubt very much that your threat to them for a gold phone will get you very far.
    01-12-10 01:48 PM
    It's too bad you won't consider buying a gold colored housing on eBay or some other site and changing it out yourself. I just did a search on ebay for "gold housing 8330" and got 48 hits.

Take a look at this tutorial, it is a great step-by-step with pictures. Then decide if it is something you can do:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/hous...change-201687/

If you decide to try this, look for an auction that includes the tools you need to do the swap.
    01-12-10 01:59 PM
    I very badly want the BB Curve 8320 in Pale Gold. US Cellular doesn't have it in gold.

Is there any way to buy this phone anywhere else and have it unlocked or converted to work with USC?

I'm not technically skilled enough to buy any parts and build my own; I've seen that option somewhere.

I WANT THAT PHONE IN GOLD !!!. Any suggestions would be appreciated from you phone gurus.
    OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my Gold Curve!! I have TMobile!

My suggestion, Call your customer service to see what is the early termination
    fee. If your upgrade is in July, it should be decreasing or practically ZERO
    in a few months.

Buy the Gold curve online and save it until you can switch to TMobile. You'll
    love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-12-10 03:01 PM
    Thanks, Jtran. That's what I needed to know.

Yes, Dubbin, but it's the thought that counts! At least I made my opinion known.

Thank you, Xliderider, that's a great link, but still too much fuss for me. I'd hate to buy a new phone and then mess it up.

TequilaAddict, I've called and July is the earliest I can upgrade on my 2-year contract. I'll stop in at T-Mobile and look at the phone in reality. Maybe I will like it, maybe not. Maybe I'll be in a tear over a different phone by July. We'll see when that time rolls around, how bad I still want it. *sigh*

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by SapphireStar; 01-12-10 at 04:09 PM. Reason: revised
    01-12-10 03:59 PM
    Your early termination fee is not the same as your upgrade date. It should be going down if you are in the second year of your contract.

01-12-10 04:43 PM
    Oh, btw, Tmobile doesn't sell the gold curve anymore, so you have to buy it online.

01-12-10 04:53 PM
    Thanks, TA. I didn't know ETFs were prorated. I'll ask about that in July.

I have to buy it on line now??? Shoot. That sucks. I don't buy anything that expensive without checking it out at a store first. I'll keep watching things and reading this board. Lots of great advice on here.
    01-13-10 08:28 AM

Here is the T-Mo housing in gold.

And the unbranded 8330 in gold.

Blackberry Parts, BlackBerry Curve Parts, Blackberry Pearl Parts, Blackberry Bold Parts

01-13-10 10:17 AM
    That gold housing is sweet! I bought a used Curve 8330 off of Ebay last month. It was so scatched and that boring silver color! So I ordered a replacement housing off of Ebay. It was so cheap and came with tools! So now I have a bran-new looking BLUE Curve. It draws a lot of attention. People say, "Oh, I didn't know they made blue ones!" And then I say, "That's because they don't. This is custom.".

01-13-10 04:33 PM
    My story is kinda funny. I had wanted the gold curve, and had ordered it from
    an online retailer. Then, I found out that same day !!!! that there is a lavender
    color at Rogers, so I cancelled the order on the gold phone. Then 2 days later,
    I was at a meeting, and a doctor sat next to me, and put her gold blackberry on
    the table!!!!!! I send an email to all my friends about it, and all 4 of them emailed
    back... "give that phone back to the doctor!!"
    So, I knew it was fate, and I re-ordered the gold curve!
    01-13-10 04:42 PM
    Sapphire, since you are on CDMA, have you looked at the lavendar curve from Verizon?
    01-13-10 04:44 PM
    The lavender is beautiful, but I don't care to go to Verizon. I found a used 8330 titanium color for now and see how I like it, then I'll see what's available come July at upgrade time. or... I'll see if there's anyone around here who will do custom phone repair/work (someone who knows what they're doing) to put a gold case on for me. I can buy lavender-colored skins/covers, so that's not a big deal. Thanks for the suggestion, TA.
    01-19-10 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD