I recently upgraded on my Mac from Tiger to Snow Leopard ... in doing so I didn't want to pay for the Parallels upgrade as I no longer need Windoze for mls sites .... When I plug the BB into my mac I can open it and drag the files to my desktop .... But when I plug in the new one (which I have not as yet activated) the program which used to ask me if I wanted to open the program to transfer files doesn't open on the new BB 8330.

Is this a program I have to download separately ... only used it a few times and forgot.

Can I then take the files on my Mac desktop and drag them to new 8330?

I don't have much time to get the phone back to Sprint without being charged ... and I don't want to have to try to download all the 3rd party apps again ...

What if I get the newest BB for Sprint ... will I still have the same problem transferring files ... can they do it at a Sprint store without messing things up and/or charging me an arm and a leg?

Thanks ~
    07-31-10 07:10 PM
    Just download the Desktop Manager software for Mac and run the Device Switch wizard. Everything will be transferred over to your new 8330, including 3rd party apps. It doesn't matter if your new BB is activated or not.

FYI, the Device Switch wizard only transfers files from device memory, not the sd card. Either transfer the memory card into the new BB, or use Mass Storage Mode to transfer the files you want from card to card.
    Last edited by xliderider; 07-31-10 at 07:38 PM.
    07-31-10 07:33 PM
    Here's the link to download the Mac version of Desktop Manager:

BlackBerry - Desktop Software for Mac
    07-31-10 07:34 PM
    It's been a while, but I believe to enable the Mass Storage Mode prompt do this:

Menu, Media Card, Enable Mass Storage Mode when connected to usb = Prompt. Save.
    07-31-10 07:57 PM
    thank you Xlider Rider ~

It seemed to go rather automatic (much easier than when I used a Windoze
    emulator), moved phone numbers

but alas alark half of my downloaded applications didn't move

Is there an easier way than to have to go to App World and start all over?

thanks
    08-02-10 02:32 AM
    You used the Switch Device wizard and half of your 3rd part apps didn't get transferred?

Perhaps you can try this method, it's for windows, but maybe it'll work for Mac if you can figure out where your file is saved:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    08-02-10 05:21 AM
    Go into DM and make sure the apps you want are all checked off.
    08-02-10 05:50 AM
    Go into DM and make sure the apps you want are all checked off.
    I can't seem to get the app backed up to my Mac first before restoring

I have had the "new" replacement phone for 5 days already and if I don't get the old one back to sprint the suckers will charge me. EEEEK !
    08-02-10 04:19 PM
    When I go to
    RESTORE
    I get a list of everything
    except applications

when I click applications in upper
    right side of DM screen,
    it appears to operate in a different
    manner

why do they have to make things
    so complicated ... ?
    08-02-10 04:21 PM
    I just spent 30 minutes with someone on Sprint Chat .... they tell me I have to take it into a Sprint store ....

THE LAST TIME I TOOK MY PHONE TO A SPRINT STORE THEY RUINED IT AND I HAD TO GET ANOTHER ONE. Eeeeeeeek !
    08-02-10 06:10 PM
    I can't see why they would want you to bring it into the store. If you call your service provider and tell them to reset your Voicemail, they should be able to. I have done it before. Try calling again and see if a different rep can help you. If not...then I guess you're going to the store =-)
    08-02-10 06:22 PM
    I can't see why they would want you to bring it into the store. If you call your service provider and tell them to reset your Voicemail, they should be able to. I have done it before. Try calling again and see if a different rep can help you. If not...then I guess you're going to the store =-)
    I didn't mention voice mail.

I want to transfer all of my applicatinos from my old 8330 to the new one they just sent me ...
    08-02-10 10:53 PM
    Did you try the 3rd party backup procedure? A regular backup doesn't work on apps. Only the Device Switch wizard and 3rd party backups will transfer your apps.
    08-02-10 11:42 PM
    Does anyone have a link for whatever I need to do this ... ?

Obviously I didn't use the correct procedure or I would have been done with this by now and I am running out of time.

thanks so much
    08-03-10 08:34 AM
    would someone with a Mac please lend a hand here ... I looked at some articles and all of the options that are offered on those screen shots are not seen on my Mac version for Snow Leopard. Thanks
    08-03-10 08:37 AM
    You can use the program BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife to back up your applications. Then you go into Desktop Manager>Application loader>Add/ Remove Applications. Then once everything loads up look for where you saved the backup file, and load it onto your new phone.
    Here is the link to BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife):
    BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) v1.7 Released
    08-03-10 09:23 AM
    You can use the program BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife to back up your applications. Then you go into Desktop Manager>Application loader>Add/ Remove Applications. Then once everything loads up look for where you saved the backup file, and load it onto your new phone.
    Here is the link to BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife):
    BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) v1.7 Released

on Macintosh ?
    08-03-10 09:46 AM
    I'm pretty sure BBSAK should work on Mac. Give it a try.
    08-03-10 10:18 PM
    I don't think BBSAK will work on a Mac, that's why I didn't suggest it.

Fay, you will probably have to just write down your apps and redownload them on your new BB.
    08-03-10 10:51 PM
    Thanks all !!!!
    08-04-10 04:00 PM
    I just got off the phone with Sprint once again ... hours later and a lot of transferring I get things straightened out ....

THIS IS A HUGE CASE FOR SOMEONE WITH A MAC TO GET AN iPhone ...

I don't care about the attena and stuff, I loathe not being able to open the HD folder on my phone and not be able to access anything in any sort of organized manner ....

What a mess to simply change from one 8330 to another.

Drat it all !
    08-04-10 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD