I'm a newbie so I don't know much about my blackberry, only the basics. So i have a dumb question.. do you need a data plan in order to work google maps or anything similar? I haven't gotten a data plan yet b/c i'm still figuring how to work my blackberry.
    10-11-08 06:38 PM
    yes you do as it needs to download maps as needed.
    10-11-08 08:19 PM
    Yes, and you might want to add a data plan since that will be how you see how a Blackberry really works, otherwise you are just using a phone with a good contact list... and maybe using your browser in a wifi hotspot every once in a while.
    10-11-08 08:45 PM
    the more i use my BB the more I'm realizing that i need a data plan.. can't really do much w/o a data plan.. it's a fancy phone right now..

well thanks for your help..
    10-11-08 09:24 PM
    the more i use my BB the more I'm realizing that i need a data plan.. can't really do much w/o a data plan.. it's a fancy phone right now..

well thanks for your help..
    the blackberry internet and email is integral to the blackberry experience. only t-mobile allows you to get the phone without a data plan, which is a mistake. i think they should be mandatory with every blackberry sold, to prevent these kinds of issues.
    10-11-08 10:45 PM
    When I bought the BB no one at t-mo told me about the data plan, I found out when I called BB CS.

Oh well no I know. I'm gald this forum exist.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 01:25 AM
    I have an ATT Blackberry without a data plan. I have all my email sent to me with text, and reply as well. With all of the free wi-fi, I use my iPod Touch. Works great. Those carriers continue to rip us off everyday with added expenses. Verizon is the latest. They want to charge Google help an extra $.03 per text. They are already paying! Ripoff Artists. People wake up and just say no. Use IM.
    10-12-08 01:41 AM
    How do get your emails sent in a text? I thought you need a data or email plan in order to get email on your BB.

I use my free wif pretty often... But it's not reliable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 02:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD