So i've been very happy with my blackberry, but recently my gmail account has been doing funny things. I haven't changed any settings in gmail or on my blackberry, but I'm starting to receive spam from my gmail account. I have all the spam filters on gmail, and if I log in to gmail on the web those emails are in the appropriate spam folder, but now for some reason those emails are also sent to my blackberry. Another problem which is really weird is that when I am composing an email, my blackberry receives the email I am composing as I write it. It might be easier to explain this with an example. Here is the final email that I send to a contact:

Dear Jane,

Glad you're in town. What time does your flight arrive, let's try and get dinner around 8.

-zero1207

My blackberry receives the following 4 emails:
    1) Dear Jane,
    Glad you're in
    2) Dear Jane,
    Glad you're in town. What time does
    3) Dear Jane,
    Glad you're in town. What time does your flight arrive, let's try and
    4) Dear Jane,
    Glad you're in town. What time does your flight arrive, let's try and get dinner around 8.

-zero1207

Depending on the length of the email I can receive a lot more than four. Also I don't understand why my blackberry receives an email that I'm composing to send to someone else. Any help would be appreciated.
    05-28-09 12:16 PM
    Are you using a Mac?
    05-28-09 05:49 PM
    A Mac??? It sounds like a gmail setting or they may need to reset up the account or service books.
    05-28-09 08:13 PM
    Other people using GMail on a Mac have reported this same issue over the past couple of weeks.
    05-28-09 08:41 PM
    Any chance the BIS settings could have got messed up, could just be another sprint problem...its little things like this that finally made me leave sprint..sorry
    05-28-09 08:45 PM
    I am using a mac actually. I'm using the mail program on that, but my other email accounts that I have on my mac and blackberry aren't doing the same thing, so I'm convinced something is wrong with either gmail, or how the gmail account is setup on the blackberry. I'll try deleting the gmail account and setting it up again. PlunkingTom? ex-plunker. No longer a palm guru, but a crackberry abuser. Haha.
    05-29-09 05:22 PM
    Update. So I deleted the gmail account and added it again from BIS. I also downloaded the service books. Before I did all of this I went through the spam folder in the mail program on my mac and deleted everything. The first gmail emails that I received on my blackberry were all of the spam emails that I just deleted. Damn. I guess I'll just deal with it until the new iphone comes out and I can jump ship.
    05-29-09 05:35 PM
    My gmail is working fine (Windows based PC). I would think twice before going Iphone. I know 2 people who are paying the early term fee to switch back to BB from ATT's Iphone (different carrier). The touch screen thing is not text friendly is their major complaint.

My 2 cents.
    05-29-09 06:25 PM
    i had the same problem with gmail when using the default settings.

the trick is to set it up as an IMAP acct in BIS.

when youre creating the acct in BIS, enter the email address but not the password, then hit next, tell BIS that you will supply the server settings.

incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
    username: your full email address
    password: your password

this solved it for me.

if you just enter your email and password into BIS then it uses POP3 to take the messages from gmail. desktop based email clients also have this problem sometimes when using POP3 and gmail.

one more potential gotch: make sure to enable IMAP in your gmail acct.

hope this helps,

joe
    05-29-09 10:53 PM
    My gmail is working fine (Windows based PC). I would think twice before going Iphone. I know 2 people who are paying the early term fee to switch back to BB from ATT's Iphone (different carrier). The touch screen thing is not text friendly is their major complaint.

My 2 cents.
    Zero boy is very hard headed... The iphone is apple or mac so it has to be better. What a same that people buy over rated stuff because of the brand...HAHA.

Zero boy you need to do your homework here.. the iphone is a great pda/mp3 player but is not a great phone. Remember what you are buying the device for....... Guru's live forever...forever...
    05-31-09 10:10 PM
    I have noticed an increased amount of spam in the past 24 hours on my g-mail account. Unfortunately many times you have report the spam to g-mail as the address or server isn't in their spam files.
    06-01-09 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD