I've had my Curve 3 weeks and LOVE it. I downloaded the gmail for BB download and it was working no problem. For some reason today it will is not checking for new mail. If I open the app and refresh it shows new messages, but I don't get my "new message" notifications. Is that a setting? How often does it check for new email?
    06-18-08 09:33 PM
    I actually have the same problem, except my gmail app never vibrates or notifys me of new mail. When i highlight over the icon it will show (1) or however many new pieces of mail i have. I have set it up in my profiles to alert me but it never does...is this because i dont leave it running in the backround consistently. I believe i have it set to check every 30 mins but i may be wrong.
    06-18-08 09:41 PM
    Go to "settings" while in the gmail app and the last option is to notify you of new messages. If It's set correctly but still not working try a battery pull.

As for how often it checks, I'm not sure but it's def not instant. Maybe 20 mins. For that reason I have my gmail pushed through BIS and respond to messages and access archived mail using the gmail app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 09:43 PM
    Go to "settings" while in the gmail app and the last option is to notify you of new messages. If It's set correctly but still not working try a battery pull.

As for how often it checks, I'm not sure but it's def not instant. Maybe 20 mins. For that reason I have my gmail pushed through BIS and respond to messages and access archived mail using the gmail app.

Sorry man, im new to this whole smartmail thing. Those last few sentences you typed are complete gibberish to me lol. Pushed through BIS...
    06-18-08 09:44 PM
    Sorry for the confusion. I have my gmail account set up through the blackberry email settings. How traditional email on a blackberry works. When it's set up through this the (using POP) it gets sent to your phone instantly. If you just rely on the gmail app to notify you there's a lag.

06-18-08 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD