I am a recent convert to BB - I got a Storm at launch and love it. So when my husband was eligible for upgrade a couple weeks ago, I ordered him a Curve. He's happy with it except for one big thing... he is not getting his Gmail messages on the phone. They are not being sent either.

I have no idea what the problem is. Everything else seems to be working fine. I've tried battery pulls, I've reset up the account a couple times, and so on. I've tried everything I can think of and it's not working. The activation email arrives (the one that says you'll start getting your email from that account on your BB in about 20 minutes), but it never sends or receives anything from that account.

That's his primary email account and he's getting completely frustrated and is ready to give up on the Curve.

Any ideas? I have 4 emails accounts set up on my Storm and they all work flawlessly. What gives with the Curve??

Any suggestions would be most welcome! Thanks.

ETA: The phone is on Verizon, if that makes a difference.
    01-17-09 12:46 PM
    Does the hubby have POP or IMAP emable in the GMAIL settings?

Has be set the BIS account on the device?

If it was working - reset the device with battery pull and resend the Gmail service books. This can be done by logging into the BIS account via email settings or if done from the net orignally, you can log into from the BIS site
    01-17-09 12:51 PM
    I get gmail on my Curve with no problems, but I have it set up differently than the way you're doing it. Instead of having the Curve set up so that it goes to gmail and gets the messages, I have gmail set up so that it forwards all messages to my Curve's address. Can't tell you why what you have set up doesn't work, but setting it up the other way may work for you.
    01-17-09 12:54 PM
    I had this problem when I went from a pearl to my curve. I resent my service books thru BIS like lastraid mentions and it worked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD