I read through these forums for a while and resolved some of the issues I have had with my BIS gmail account. I no longer receive confirmation emails when I send a message, but I still have a few questions. First, when I receive an email on my Blackberry (it is instant and amazing by the way!) I check my Inbox on gmail and the emails are not marked as read already. I just want to figure out how to make it appear read in my inbox so if I choose to delete it on my handheld but keep it on my machine, I do not have to open up my inbox and hav e it appear to be a new email. Also, I am just wondering if I can have already filtered emails that go to my gmail account also push to my handheld. For example, I go to school at Clemson University and have all of my Clemson email forwarded to my gmail account and filtered to a folder labeled "Clemson". I bypass the Inbox completely. Is there any way I can also see these emails coming in on my handheld via the BIS push method. Simply forwarding is no good to me because I cannot take advantage of deleting and/or replying to emails. Thanks for all of the help!

EDIT: I was also wondering why gmail messages pushed to my Blackberry also appear in the normal messages folder. I thought that was just for text messages. Can I change this setting somewhere? Sorry for all of the questions, but I really appreciate the help!
    Last edited by jake.sadie; 08-11-07 at 03:09 PM.
    08-11-07 02:36 PM
    Go into your Messages folder, go to Options, Email Reconciliation, and change the settings there.

As far as forwarding the Clemson stuff from Gmail.. not sure that can be done, but can't you just add the Clemson account in BIS?

All messages go to the Messages folder.. emails and SMS, and possibly even BB Messenger if you have it set that way.
    08-11-07 04:09 PM
    I'm sorry, but for your first advice I am a bit confused. I have been to this folder before to change the settings, but I do not see how this will help to mark my emails as read. I think that this is what you were trying to help me fix. Also, I am in my "messages" folder, not my "gmail" folder. Shouldn't I be in the gmail folder to try to fix this problem. Thanks for the advice on the Clemson push email as well. I will try that and hope that it does not interrupt the automatic forwarding to my gmail inbox. It is a shame that all of the messages go to the general messages folder. It is sort of repetitive to me. Thanks again for the response.
    08-11-07 04:25 PM
    EDIT: I was also wondering why gmail messages pushed to my Blackberry also appear in the normal messages folder. I thought that was just for text messages. Can I change this setting somewhere? Sorry for all of the questions, but I really appreciate the help!
    I think you can seperate out the SMS and Email message boxes by going to Messages/Options/General Options/SMS and Email Inboxes=Seperate

09-22-07 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD