Hi all,

I've been setting up my wife's 8310, and I've been having a problem with gmail pushed to her device. She continues to get the same messages delivered to her device multiple times, even though they've been delivered before.

All of the duplicates come in at the same time, it seems whenever a new message is sent to her gmail inbox.

I have tried many things; almost everything I know, and I still can't get it to behave properly. I've probably set up 20-30 BBs with gmail, and haven't had a problem with any of them. On the BB side:

Re-register via HRT
    Battery pull
    Wipe handheld
    Delete/resend service books
    Upgrade OS

On the gmail side:
    Turn off POP
    Turn on POP in each of the possible settings
    Turn on IMAP
    Turn off IMAP

In BIS:
    Delete BIS account
    Restore BIS account
    Add gmail
    Delete/re-add gmail
    Delete @att.blackberry.com account

I'm about at the end of my options and knowledge, so I turn to the collective wisdom of this group. Anyone have any ideas? I am stumped; I've never seen or even heard of this problem before.

Thanks for any responses or insight,
    -Eric
    04-16-08 01:43 PM
    Hi, you need to put filter for the gmail accout...........
    04-16-08 01:48 PM
    himm sorry , this is something different...
    04-16-08 01:49 PM
    Yeah, the "personal filter" for email in BIS is set up correctly. It's not a matter of sent mail getting sent to her phone.
    04-16-08 01:50 PM
    on the gmail side ;

1. disable forwarding
    2. enable pop from todays date.

3. When messages are accessed with POP , "choose archive them"

4. disable imap

my config is like that and I have no problem
    04-16-08 01:55 PM
    Sorry, don't know why it's doing that
    Last edited by azunprinzess; 04-16-08 at 03:17 PM.
    04-16-08 03:11 PM
    Been there, done that except for #3. I don't want them archived out of the Gmail inbox.

Believe me, my config on my personal one is identical to my wife's, and I have no problems. It just seems there is some glitch in the system somewhere.

Thanks for trying to help.
    04-16-08 03:11 PM
    Check above; the personal filter is setup correctly in order to block gmail's "conversation-style" inbox from plugging things up.

The problem is because gmail keeps your sent items in the inbox with the way that it displays a conversation. What you have to do is apply a filter. Not from the gmail side but from blackberry side. Log onto your cell provider's website. Edit blackberry email. Edit/add filters. Put your wife's email address in and put "do not forward to device."

I have tmobile and see that you don't, so if you can't find it on the carrier website, do it from your phone under the edit email accounts icon.
    04-16-08 03:13 PM
    Is anyone else having problems with Gmail in general today and/or yesterday? There's a thread in BBForums regarding people having delayed gmail delivered or just not getting notified in a timely manner when their mail does show up. I have noticed a few delays on my phone; it doesn't seem to be consistent, but it's happened more than once.

Who knows, maybe Google is doing some updating that's throwing things for a loop and I just happen to be setting up an account in the middle of it all.

-E

PS. Strange: is IMAP gone from y'all's "settings" tab in Gmail? I just checked, and the POP options are there, but IMAP has disappeared.
    04-16-08 03:16 PM
    IMAP just showed back up in my "Settings" tab. Am I in some alternate reality? It seems a cross between 1998 and 2009.

Go figure.
    04-16-08 03:26 PM
    04-17-08 02:35 AM
    i have the same problem!!!

i send messages to [email protected] or @txt.att.net etc instead of SMS, and in the past couple days, i've had 100's of the same replies!

this is driving me insane..
    07-22-08 02:22 PM
    I had that problem with my Gmail, but when I switched my BIS setup to IMAP for Gmail it fixed it.
    07-22-08 05:13 PM
    Is anyone else having problems with Gmail in general today and/or yesterday? There's a thread in BBForums regarding people having delayed gmail delivered or just not getting notified in a timely manner when their mail does show up. I have noticed a few delays on my phone; it doesn't seem to be consistent, but it's happened more than once.

Who knows, maybe Google is doing some updating that's throwing things for a loop and I just happen to be setting up an account in the middle of it all.

-E

PS. Strange: is IMAP gone from y'all's "settings" tab in Gmail? I just checked, and the POP options are there, but IMAP has disappeared.
    don't know if my problem is the same. I am a NEWBIE. I am getting messages twice. Once on my message icon and a couple minutes later on my gmail icon. I probably don't have it set up right, but this just started happening today.
    07-22-08 07:26 PM
    My GMail on my BB 8330 has just started doing this been over a year on this phone and its just changed in the last 2 weeks. Where are the directions in how to change the BIS.
    Thanks
    05-20-10 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD