In the settings, I chose the "Notify when new mail arrives in the Inbox" option, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Anyone know if more needs to be done? I sent myself a test email but I didn't get any indication that I had new email.

Thanks,
    John
    07-23-08 12:34 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/

There will be a setting in the profile for Gmail. Make sure it is set up with a notification and is not muted.
    07-23-08 12:44 PM
    There will be a setting in the profile for Gmail. Make sure it is set up with a notification and is not muted.
    Thank you. I tried that and it was set to "Mute" for both in and out of holster, so just to be safe I changed the volume to "Medium" for both, but it's still not doing anything.

And actually, I don't really need it to make noise, just flashing the red light would be good. It was already set for the LED to flash on "Repeat Notice", but that still isn't happening either.

Did I miss another step? (I waited a few minutes, just to be sure the gmail app could have some time to check for new emails.)

Thanks.
    07-23-08 01:04 PM
    I am wondering this same thing. All of my alert sounds are on and i am not hearing anything when I get a BB messenger or email.
    07-23-08 01:11 PM
    I am wondering this same thing. All of my alert sounds are on and i am not hearing anything when I get a BB messenger or email.
    I should note that I *do* get a flashing LED for email to my device itself (and even Google Talk made some noise), but it's the Gmail App that seems to not be notifying me (in any way).
    07-23-08 01:15 PM
    Try a battery pull. With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in. And as a side note, I personally prefer only an audible alert and no LED. I find that the LED notification wouldn't behave correctly.
    07-23-08 01:21 PM
    Try a battery pull. With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in. And as a side note, I personally prefer only an audible alert and no LED. I find that the LED notification wouldn't behave correctly.
    It just started working. I got a notification that someone (you) had replied to my post!
    07-23-08 01:24 PM
    I figured it out. If you go into the Advanced part of the profiles and go to what you want to have a sound for, make sure it's on TONE at the top, not none. Once I switched it to TONE it made the noise. So glad I figured that out.
    07-23-08 01:30 PM
    I figured it out. If you go into the Advanced part of the profiles and go to what you want to have a sound for, make sure it's on TONE at the top, not none. Once I switched it to TONE it made the noise. So glad I figured that out.
    Heh, yeah I missed that step at first too. Changing the volume to loud won't matter if you don't set it for a tone!
    07-23-08 01:34 PM
    Hmmm, I don't know. I just got a new email that's been sitting in my inbox and my phone hasn't done anything yet...
    07-23-08 01:58 PM
    I am having the same issue. No tone or vibe when a new GMail arrives. I Checked all profile settings thoroughly. Pulled Battery. Still nothing other than the visual notification on the GMail App. Any Ideas?
    09-30-08 11:33 AM
    I am having the same issue. No tone or vibe when a new GMail arrives. I Checked all profile settings thoroughly. Pulled Battery. Still nothing other than the visual notification on the GMail App. Any Ideas?
    In the app itself did you check off for it to notify you? I get notifications sounds from my gmail app.
    09-30-08 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD