So I just got the Gmail app. I've been using the email app that came with my BB, had no complaints really, but I like google stuff, and hear the gmail app is better.
    Now, how can I "transfer" everything to the gmail app. i.e. make everything function the way it does with the BB app.
    For instance, I want the gmail app to notify me if I have an email, but does it have to be running the whole time? Or can I change this option to vibrate.
    If that works out all fine, how can I stop the other app from checking my gmail?

I mainly ask this because I get the alert from the BB Email that I have an email (the app is hidden), so if I check it in the Gmail app, it still displays the icon that I have a new message.

Thanks!
    04-25-08 11:01 AM
    I mean, I could just turn off the alerts on my email and just use gmail to check my mail whenever, but how do I pretty much "delete" my email from blackberry? I only want to use the gmail app and the BB SMS and MMS app.
    04-25-08 11:16 AM
    I downloaded the gmail app and it will not let me save images. It will open my attachments, but it will not let me save. So i have to go through the normal browser and get on gmail site to be able to save.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-08 11:22 AM
    To remove an email account from your BB, simply log into your carrier's BIS web site and remove the account.

To set alerts for the Gmail app, when you have it open, press menu and choose more. Choose more brings up another menu with more options. I'm sure you can follow the menu to get to the settings dialog, where you can enable alerts.
    04-25-08 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD