I just set up my Gmail account through BIS. The new icon showed up on my phone and everything seems to work fine. But any emails I send out show up in the same place as the ones I receive. I made sure that hide sent messages was turned on and it was. I'm thinking this might have something to do with the fact that it's an IMAP account since when I send email from my POP3 account it disappears after it's sent. Anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it? Or should I just use the Gmail app?
    07-09-08 06:39 PM
    Mine copies the GMAIL as well......I dunno how to fix........find OAKIE.......he will have the answer.......(that way I will get it too)

Good Luck!
    07-09-08 06:44 PM
    Mine copies the GMAIL as well......I dunno how to fix........find OAKIE.......he will have the answer.......(that way I will get it too)

Good Luck!
    have you tried just using the gmail app?
    07-09-08 06:49 PM
    create a filter in your BIS email administration page. filter out "emails FROM" and fill in your email address. or you can just set your gmail to forward email to your BIS inbox instead, no filters needed.
    07-09-08 06:51 PM
    create a filter in your BIS email administration page. filter out "emails FROM" and fill in your email address. or you can just set your gmail to forward email to your BIS inbox instead, no filters needed.
    awesome! thanks!

one more question...is there any way of getting the emails that already in my inbox to show up on my blackberry since it is an IMAP account?
    07-09-08 06:54 PM
    awesome! thanks!

one more question...is there any way of getting the emails that already in my inbox to show up on my blackberry since it is an IMAP account?
    no. blackberry BIS doesnt have 100% IMAP compatibility with Gmail. dunno who is more to blame on that one just yet.
    07-09-08 07:05 PM
    Oakie is correct if you set up a filter to block all emails to "me" then you will be ok, I had the same issue for my 2 Gmail accounts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 07:29 PM
    thank you all......I NOW have the fix as well..........can anyone help me with the Ex-Wife?

I'm just askin..........
    07-09-08 07:33 PM
    thank you all......I NOW have the fix as well..........can anyone help me with the Ex-Wife?

I'm just askin..........
    buy me a bb thunder when it comes out and i'll take care of her for ya
    07-09-08 08:38 PM
    where do you find the BIS email administration page?
    07-09-08 10:00 PM
    in your mobile provider's online account.
    07-09-08 10:07 PM
    for you on AT&T it would be BlackBerry Internet Service
    07-09-08 10:25 PM
    Where exactly can I find the BIS email administration page? My provider is Tmobile can I log on and do this with my PC?
    07-10-08 09:59 AM
    How do I create an account at the BIS website url? I entered PIN and ESN, but it said that an account had already been created for that PIN. So I typed in my email address and my reply was that I had no user name and password for that account, and to log on to BIS through the device. Can anyone help?
    07-10-08 10:04 AM
    How do I create an account at the BIS website url? I entered PIN and ESN, but it said that an account had already been created for that PIN. So I typed in my email address and my reply was that I had no user name and password for that account, and to log on to BIS through the device. Can anyone help?

bnb- Set it up on your device! Choose "set up email" and create user name and password. That will allow you to access your BIS via a browser. Basically you can set up your gmail via your device, but if you want to set filters you need to do that via a computer browser. You have a secure connection via your device which why your initial set up didn't require a user name and password.
    07-10-08 10:09 PM
    Just following up... did it work?
    07-14-08 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD