Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Getting videos on my 8330

Hey I'm having problems getting videos on my 8330. What's the format that the video has to be in to be supported by my Curve? I download a video but then it never plays because its an "unsupported format". Does anyone have vids out there? If so what can I do to get these vids on my phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

That happens to me ALL the time when I try to use Youtube, but if I just keep hitting the escape key and then re clicking on the link, it tends to work after a few tries. I'm not sure if you're talking about a video saved to your device, or one that you're watching from a website...

A list I found online says that the following ARE supported: *.avi / *.3gp / *.mp4 / *.mov / *.wmv but that the following are NOT supported:*. mpg / *.mpeg /*. vob (MPEG-2) / MPEG-4 Part 10 (H.264 / AVC) / MPEG-4 Part 2 (Advanced Simple Profile) / H.263+ / DivX 3 / DivX 5 and DivX 6 / XviD / *.3g2 (3GPP2) / *.wmv Windows Media Video (Main/Advanced Profile) / *.asf (Advanced Systems Format) /*.rm (Real Media)

Hope that helps!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Wasnt talking about youtube, that works fine. It was the suppoed video types for videos on the Curve. Thanks though! Very helpful.
    CrackBerry User

have you downloaded any of the supported formats to see if they really work, i had downloaded a app that said it would play any video but it wouldnt recognized the video i downloaded
    CrackBerry User

having the same problem with my sprint 8330 curve
    CrackBerry User

I'm having the same issues with my Telus 8330. Even avi files right off my Canon camera's don't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com