I have unlimitted texting on my ATT plan. And from what I understand the AIM program works through the texting plan. We do not have a data plan.

Where in the world is it on my phone? I can't find any IM program on it! I would like to be able to download it to my comp and then transfer it to the phone? Is that possible, or is it just hiding in plain site from me on the phone
    04-20-08 09:47 AM
    its not possible, but try jivetalk..its $20 bucks but tis worth it.
    04-20-08 09:58 AM
    its not possible, but try jivetalk..its $20 bucks but tis worth it.
    Why do they advertise that it is free with their texting? We all got new phones, and the kids have an AIM icon on theirs. (Palm centro, Samsung A737)
    04-20-08 10:09 AM
    I believe if u go into the medianet app u may find something about I'm download which is OZ Messenger. However jivetalk is awesome but it does use data and not text.
    04-20-08 10:23 AM
    I have unlimitted texting on my ATT plan. And from what I understand the AIM program works through the texting plan. We do not have a data plan.

Where in the world is it on my phone? I can't find any IM program on it! I would like to be able to download it to my comp and then transfer it to the phone? Is that possible, or is it just hiding in plain site from me on the phone
    You can receive AIM messages as SMS on your phone by just going to mobile.aol.com and sign in with your AIM account and add your cell phone number as an IM Forward feature. This will send all your AIM messages to your cell phone when you are not signed on at your computer. The only bad thing with this feature is you can not send a message to someone that did not send you one.

The other way since you are on AT&T is:

Hackszine.com: The iPhone does has iChat/AIM, MSN and Yahoo.. sorta
    04-20-08 10:34 AM
    AIM is free with an ATT Curve, just go to MediaNET, go to messaging and chat, and download OZ Messenger. You can log into AIM, Yahoo, or Windows Live.
    04-20-08 10:45 AM
    wow....was lurking thru the forums...worked like a charm
    04-20-08 11:45 AM
    I think I got it, just worried that it is going to go through Data and I will get charges
    04-20-08 11:58 AM
    OZ messenger does not use data but jivetalk does.
    04-20-08 12:09 PM
    I believe the OZ Messenger may actually use a little bit a data to connect and refresh buddies. Sending and receiving messages actually uses SMS.

I am not positive on this, but I believe this to be the case.
    04-20-08 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD