i'm currently using a htc mogul and will be switching to a blackberry curve when my local alltel gets them in. Other than the text messaging being different is there anything else that I should know about. i do have a couple of questions though. i was wondering how the gps works on the blackberry. thank you in advance.
    04-13-09 05:51 PM
    GPS works great but I have sprint dont know anything about alltel. As for the internet it does have a different server and you may have to buy addtional BIS(blackberry internet service) if it is not included in you service package
    04-13-09 06:13 PM
    GPS works great but I have sprint dont know anything about alltel. As for the internet it does have a different server and you may have to buy addtional BIS(blackberry internet service) if it is not included in you service package
    With Alltel they have "Smart Choice" plans and they are a plan that is data and voice wrapped up in one. You will not have to pay any extra as long as you are on a Smart Choice plan since you can get BIS or BES with them. I went from a MotoQ to a 8330 and had absolutely no change in plan since I had a Smart Choice plan.
    04-13-09 07:35 PM
    i have the smart choice plan the mogul is a smart phone. its just got really annoying to me.
    04-13-09 07:41 PM
    I'd read through the Blackberry 101 Lecture Series in the newbies section, everything is laid out pretty clearly there.
    04-13-09 07:45 PM
    Make sure, if GPS is a big thing for you, that you get a GPS-enabled model. The 8320, for instance, has WiFi, but no GPS. I've got the 8310 and it's got GPS but no WiFi. Blackberry.com can give you the specs on each model.
    04-13-09 08:46 PM
    With Alltel the GPS is kaput. You have to subscribe to telnav to get GPS to work. If you do the upgrade to 4.5.131 for sprint the internal GPS will work for any free software, there is a thread in the Alltel forums going over all this. BT I have an Alltel 8330 Curve and I loves it. Welcome to Crackberry.
    04-13-09 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD