My 8330 has been having some technical issues for a few months now, and they're sending me a replacement 8330 tomorrow. I just want to make sure I do everything I need to do to get my new curve up and running with all my goodies.

I'm backing up my phone from Desktop Manager. So, do I just do a restore (from DM) on my new curve and insert my memory card, and everything will be good to go with all of my contacts, calendar, apps, etc.? Should I do the restore before putting the memory card into the phone, or does that matter?

TIA.
    06-21-10 03:05 PM
    Back up with Desktop Manager, but notice that Desktop Manager also has a Device Switch Wizard. Start that with your old device, and follow the instructions. You shouldn't need your backup, but you'll have it just in case. I don't think it matters about the media card, but if it was me, I would get it set up first, and then put the card in the new device. I have read many posts reporting odd behavior from corrupt cards; I hope you ruled out the card as the source of the problems with your current device.
    06-21-10 03:19 PM
    It's not the card to my knowledge (and Verizon tech support never mentioned it, even though I mentioned the card to them in our multiple conversations). Is there a way to test if my card is corrupt?

Thanks. :-)
    06-21-10 09:23 PM
    What kind of issues were you having? A corrupted card can cause lagging, freezing, and rebooting, among other things.

+1 on using the Device Switch wizard. It is by far the easiest way to get your replacement BB setup exactly the way your old device was.
    The regular backup doesn't restore third party apps. There is a specific procedure for doing that here on the forums.

One caveat about using the Device Switch wizard is that it will copy over everything to York new device. That includes potentially any bad settings that may be causing your problems on your original device.
    06-21-10 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD