Swung by verizon today. The button you push down to be able to slid off the back cover broke. A little tab broke, and then the button and spring came out. A rep messed with it for a couple minutes, and then started making calls. I'll have a new curve at my door Wednesday at the latest.

Major thumbs up to Verizon. I take very good care of my phone. This was the first problem I've had, and they seem to have handled it very well.
    11-23-08 06:19 PM
    A whole new phone for a broken battery cover latch? Why didn't they just order a new latch or something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 06:23 PM
    Glad to hear they took care of you. All companies should do that
    11-23-08 06:23 PM
    A whole new phone for a broken battery cover latch? Why didn't they just order a new latch or something?

They said a not properly working latch would possibly let moisture in, and cause warrenty problems, so they are replacing the whole phone. My new one will be here in 2-3 days. I just have to swap the back cover, battery, and drop the old in back in the box with pre-paid return shipping, and I'm good.
    11-23-08 06:35 PM
    lucky you
    11-23-08 06:36 PM
    i actually just got a new curve as well. my trackball was dirty and kept getting stuck, plus i was thinking about getting the storm and wanted to get a new curve to possibly sell before i activated the storm. im just gunna stick with the curve for now, but when they sent me my new one it came with the battery cover, which they had never done for me before. thought that was strange
    11-23-08 06:57 PM
    Got it. Its got OS 4.5 on it as well. Now, to work out all the bugs, and delete the factory crap on it.
    11-26-08 01:37 PM
    46.14 million free on the phone right now after Verizon transfered my address book.
    11-26-08 01:38 PM
    Always good to hear a good news story. Glad you are back in action

11-26-08 01:40 PM
    46.14 million free on the phone right now after Verizon transfered my address book.
    Installed facebook and myspace, yet deleted the Chinese language and some other random BS, and now I'm sitting at 51 million. Still about 8 less than my older BB, but I'll write that off as the new OS.
    11-26-08 09:30 PM
    I stopped into a VZW store on Sunday. Got a new curve in Sept. By the beginning of Oct, there was dust flowing in under the screen in one particular area. It started getting worse and it just didn't seem right since it was under just one area.

Took the phone in and showed them. They didn't have any "replacements" which I took to be refurbs in stock, nor did they have any over at the store by my home. She called the person who takes care of this and she told the rep to just replace it with one from stock. I let out a brief smile and then saw the rep opening the box of a brand new curve
    11-26-08 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD