I'm planning on getting a curve 8320 with T-mobile tomorrrow. I had a few questions, should I be looking at the 19.99 option for the internet? and how does the tethering work, because were heading on a little road trip on wednesday, and read that this phone could be used to give your laptop internet?

And is the internet on the phone decent? how does it compare to lets say dial up internet. Because I feel if it's going to take forever to load up pages, then it's not really worth it to get this bulky phone.

Thanks
    06-30-08 08:23 AM
    My suggestion to you is to visit a store and play with the phone, use the phone to visit a web site of your choice and see the actual result. As to the tethering part, I would discuss that with the Rep to find out about the Cost and Limits that T- Mobile place on Tethering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 10:03 AM
    I would discuss the tethering with a rep at T-mobile. I am not sure about the costs that may come with that, or if it is just included in your unlimited data. As for the phone itself, I love it. My 8320 is my baby. The data on it is great, but it can be slow in certain areas, but that is very rare for me. Good luck with your curve .
    06-30-08 10:06 AM
    I'm planning on getting a curve 8320 with T-mobile tomorrrow. I had a few questions, should I be looking at the 19.99 option for the internet? and how does the tethering work, because were heading on a little road trip on wednesday, and read that this phone could be used to give your laptop internet?

And is the internet on the phone decent? how does it compare to lets say dial up internet. Because I feel if it's going to take forever to load up pages, then it's not really worth it to get this bulky phone.

Thanks
    yes you should get the internet..But get unlimited...It's useless if you don't. Browsing the net on your BB is FASTER than dial-up. I belive TMO offers tethering, but you have to pay for it. You'll be very happy with your BB..IMO
    06-30-08 10:09 AM
    I haven't experienced dial up speeds in years so I can't really compare, but the Curve loads pretty quick depends more or less on your signal. I would definitely go with the 19.99 plan if you plan on using a lot of data. Crackblack is right go to a store and hold it and use it. It doesnt seem very bulky to me. Welcome to CB.
    06-30-08 10:12 AM

It is personal preference on the data plan. Some people like the email only ($9.99). Mainy people preach for the unlimited data on TMo, for only $19.99!! It is a great value compared to other carriers. The Curve 8320 does have WiFi, so you can get away without using data if you do not want to dish out the extra $$

The internet through EDGE and WiFi on the 8320 is comparable. The speed is nothing close to broadband on a desktop... but it is functional and allows you to access what you need while on the move!

As a side note : The Curve is not really a 'bulky phone' at all!!
    It is quite slim, streamlined and palm-sized.

I would call TMo regarding the tethering rates, etc.

Thanks
    Welcome to CrackBerry!! Enjoy the links in my sig for useful info.
    06-30-08 10:15 AM
    Thanks for the help guys, I'll definately go to the store and check them out again, when we went in there last time they were just closing. So we didn't have much time.

As for the internet, would we still be able to get on websites if we have no reception, or are in roaming? Do you know if that would cost extra money, to browse or make calls during roaming. Were planning on taking it up to wisconsin for a trial period and see how it works up there, and i'm afraid it won't get that great/ if any service, and will be in roaming.
    06-30-08 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD