I've replaced my Curve. Of course, I've taken out the sim card but is there anything else I need to do before I pass it on to someone else?

Thanks
    01-19-09 10:42 AM
    I always have a password on mine so I enter it wrong X amount of times so it then wipes the phone clean!
    01-19-09 10:45 AM
    Yes make sure all your personal data is erased, and when you have both phones together us the dm to do a device switch. That will bring all your third party apps from your curve to you your new berry.
    01-19-09 11:15 AM
    wipe it with CrackMem and double check it before you pass it on, specially app like mobile banking and stuff like that
    01-19-09 11:54 AM
    Yes make sure all your personal data is erased, and when you have both phones together us the dm to do a device switch. That will bring all your third party apps from your curve to you your new berry.
    Just to add one point to this advice, if any of your 3rd party apps are
    registered by the device PIN, (BeeJive, Aerize Alerts etc) you will need to
    contact the developer and request a new code. Keep your old PIN written
    down somewhere (or in memopad)
    01-19-09 11:54 AM
    Also, to wipe your device and remove personal info, you can go to Options>Security Options>General Settings, press the menu key and select wipe handheld.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 12:03 PM
    Thanks for all the input, really appreciated....
    01-19-09 09:03 PM
    Enter your password in wrong 10 times and it will unlock and swipe the phone.
    01-19-09 09:06 PM
    i have a question with this. what about getting the phone taken off the BIS?
    01-19-09 09:09 PM
    What did you get to replace the Curve?

01-19-09 09:25 PM
    Who was that directed to? And I was wondering in the event that I did get a new bb and wanted to sell this one. Would I just register my BIS with the new IMEI and PIN?

01-19-09 09:27 PM
    It was directed to the OP. Do just what you said and you'll be good.

01-19-09 09:34 PM
    What if I were to get something other than a bb? What would I do to "unhook" my curve to my BIS?

01-19-09 09:36 PM
    What if I were to get something other than a bb?
    Why would even suggest such a thing?!
    01-20-09 01:10 AM
    To change your pin on the blackberry internet service log into it and select change device. From t-mobile just log into your account and go down to set up email, with verizon its blackberry.com/go/vzw and log in with you bis username and password, if you don't know it call verizon tech support.
    After you are in the bis just select change device and enter you the info it ask for, you can find that in options>status.
    01-20-09 04:06 AM
    Oh I wish the guy I bought my phone of deleter his bis... I got mine from ebay and he has no idea what to do.

01-20-09 09:33 AM
    Call your carrier and have them take it off, if you can verify the account they should be able to remove the bis account completely.
    01-26-09 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD