Does anybody know how to make the geotagging function work?I see how to change the options under the menu, but how do I see the GPS coordinates? Do I need a 3rd party program?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-08 07:41 AM
    If anybody knows the answer please email me at [email protected]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-08 07:43 AM
    I am running 4.5.0.52 Rel 75 on my 8310. Select geotagging on the menu for camera. In the lower left of the viewfinder you have a new icon. It will have a red X on it initially but after a few seconds the red X will go away as the GPS is acquired. Take the picture. When you view the picture on the BB it will have the little green arrow saying I am on the media card but there will also be a small new icon next to it. When I transferred the image to the PC I used the right click properties and there are new data elements for the GPS data. Pretty cool. I am sure there will be a 3rd party app coming soon to plot the picture data.

Tom

Note I tried this on 4.5 Vodaphone and I don�t remember the little red X in the viewfinder going away or the GPS data updated in properties.

PS I would post the picture but I don't think the properties survive when they are posted to the web.
    07-23-08 01:07 AM
    you can get the latitude and longitude by selecting the picture in your media application and pressing your "menu" button and then selecting "view on map". Once you are in bbmaps, click the menu button and select "copy location". then go into a new memopad memo or into an e-mail or something and click the menu button and then choose "paste" the 'lat' and 'lon' are the coordinates. be sure to include any negative "-" symbols.
    08-12-08 10:38 PM
    I am running 4.5.0.52 Rel 75 on my 8310. Select geotagging on the menu for camera. In the lower left of the viewfinder you have a new icon. It will have a red X on it initially but after a few seconds the red X will go away as the GPS is acquired.
    The red cross dosen't want to go away! Any suggestions?
    02-21-09 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD