hi all - just registered here; I'm a BB virgin and have some initial setup questions esp with regards to the SD Card i just put in it(4GB); apologize in advance if they are on other threads but i don't feel like spending all nite on here

1 - i pulled ringtones from my CPU to the media card. The phone, however, wants to read ringtones only from the internal memory. To get a tone to play, i needed to look at the folder path that BB was default pointing to and then move the ringtone to that folder for it to play on the phone (AND to be able to select it within the change ringtone screen. How do i "repoint" BB to the media card??

B - More generally, how do i repoint BB to the media card for everything?

Any other advice / suggestions on how to allocate my files between internal memory and the media card? I don't want to look back a month from now and see i had things not setup optimally...

thanks guys in advance, i'll be on here often!
    07-03-08 09:13 PM
    Goto the camera and click the menu button and select option and repoint the memory card there. this will apply to pics only.
    07-03-08 09:16 PM
    money! how bout ringtones?

ALSO - can't seem to move Twitterberry.jad file from CPU to BB via media manager application...any thoughts?
    07-03-08 09:33 PM
    When you save your ringtones, are you manually selecting the file destination?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 09:34 PM
    im downloading them to my CPU from the web. it's moving them to BB thats the problem
    07-03-08 09:46 PM
    You can apply them from the media app on your bb by going to music (not ringtones) all songs and clicking the menu key on the one you want to use and selecting apply as ringtone.

You can also go to edit profile, phone, and when you get the dropdown list of the default/internal tones, the top of the list should say "browse" and you can explore your memory card from there to find it.

07-03-08 10:55 PM
    I think maybe his songs do not show up in the nedia player yet they are on the media card......is this correct?
    07-04-08 12:37 AM
    I am having the same problem grrr can anyone help?
    07-04-08 10:31 AM
    Ah, I noticed on my media card that the media app doesn't recognize the root folder of the card. It only recognizes audio files in folders? I just made a folder called ringtones on the card and put everything in there

07-04-08 06:52 PM
    might need to format the card

boooo
    i hate that
    07-04-08 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD