Hi all, I'll be buying a new bb curve 8310 this monday. I've had a nokia e50 for a while now, been pretty happy with it, and mainly had it for the awesome windows live s60 app. Now that windows live is also available for blackberry I've decided I'm finally ready to take the plunge, always wanted a bb, but never liked using all in one apps for messaging, the only one that seemed ok was jivetalk but didn't wanna pay 20 bucks for it.

Anyway, my carrier already has the service books and all and I know where to download messenger. My question is this, I've seen videos of it in action, and at the login screen you have the option of typing your username, but you can't change the '@hotmail.com' part. My problem is that I've been using my gmail address with live messenger (with the msn passport thing) since 2004, and I don't wanna change it.

Am I SOL? Or is there an option somewhere?

I'd appreciate the help, since this will make or break my position on buying it.
    07-19-08 12:14 AM
    If you're speaking about WLM messenger only, then you'll be fine. Just type in the email address you use and all will be well. WLM lists a few of the Microsoft owned domains, however it will change to other when you type in an email address with a different domain. I use my .Mac (MobileMe I guess it is now) email address and everything works with no problems!
    07-19-08 12:18 AM
    yep, wlm messenger only. thanks man!
    07-19-08 12:29 AM
    you can change it! Just click on the @hotmail.com and it can change to other.

Love the app...I can finally talk to my brother while at work!
    07-19-08 09:03 AM
    thank you for the reply
    07-19-08 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD