I was trying to update my AT&T 8310 through blackberry's DM and in the middle of wiping the handheld my computer lost connection with my blackberry. Now the only thing that happens is my led blinks red and my PC won't connect to it. It keeps saying unrecognized USB device. I dont know how to reinstall my OS if my PC wont detect my phone. Any ideas?
    05-16-09 03:46 AM
    Try wiping with JL_Cmdr, and then re-install your OS again. To make it simple, I'd recommend downloading the OS you want to install from the BB site, and then install it with Loader which is located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader.
    Last edited by savioAMG; 05-16-09 at 05:03 AM. Reason: thankyou xliderider
    05-16-09 03:51 AM
    Here's a few helpful links...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137570/

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by blackngray70; 05-16-09 at 04:31 AM.
    05-16-09 04:00 AM
    Try wiping with JL_Cmdr, and then re-install your OS again. To make it simple, I'd recommend downloading the OS you want to install from the BB site, and then install it with Apploader which is located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader.
    Just for clarification, the correct file is loader.exe not apploader. Double click on the loader.exe program to launch application loader.
    05-16-09 04:51 AM
    Just for clarification, the correct file is loader.exe not apploader. Double click on the loader.exe program to launch application loader.
    Thanks. Post edited. You'd think after installing OS' like this probably over 20 times, I'd be able to get it right huh?
    05-16-09 05:03 AM
    It's all good, just didn't want the OP to get confused.
    05-16-09 05:07 AM
    The only problem is my 8310 wont even turn on. When ever I plug it into my PC (which is running XP, not sure if it matters) my computer says unrecoginable usb device. I downloaded JL_Cmdr and ran the program, but it says it does not detect my handheld. I'm at my wits end and blackberry tech support blows. My warrenty ran out in mid march some time and they want me to pay for help. I think the main problem though is the fact that my PC wont detect the BB.
    05-16-09 04:01 PM
    Did you try the Nuked Blackberry instructions, especially the part in step #2 about taking the battery out of your BB?
    05-16-09 05:15 PM
    The only problem is my 8310 wont even turn on. When ever I plug it into my PC (which is running XP, not sure if it matters) my computer says unrecoginable usb device. I downloaded JL_Cmdr and ran the program, but it says it does not detect my handheld. I'm at my wits end and blackberry tech support blows. My warrenty ran out in mid march some time and they want me to pay for help. I think the main problem though is the fact that my PC wont detect the BB.

are you using a USB hub or are you plugged directly into the computer? If you are using a HUB disconnect it and plug direclty into your computer, this might help your computer recognize your BB
    05-16-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD