Good morning..i have had my verizon curve 8330 4 2+ yrs and here lately i have had to battery pull 2-3 times,that damn hourglass keeps popping up and sometimes it resets itself...does anyone have a solution to these problems?and is there a new software for the verizon curve 8330?

Thanks for the help and info
    05-27-10 09:21 AM
    Mine did this and I just went in to my Sprint store to have it looked at. My rep just said he'd replace it after I told him what it was doing. It seems to be happening a lot after that last update. My best friend (also Sprint & a Curve owner) had the same thing happen & she also got her's replaced for free.

If you don't want to go in and have it looked at, I'd try going to the thread that talks about freeing up memory & see if that helps...

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    05-27-10 11:17 AM
    I'd first go to options-status to see what OS you're running... you may need to update... if that's o.k. I'd clear your event log (ALT+l-g-l-g) other than that run a memory cleaning (options-security options-memory cleaner) also make sure you're saving everything to your memory card... if that doesn't work maybe it's an issue with the device... hope this helps!
    05-27-10 01:06 PM
    Over time they will run a little slower, especially as memory demands go. I would back up your 3rd party apps, set up a fresh OS load, completely wipe the device, then reload your OS.

Xliderider has a thread where he explains how to get a blazing fast Curve. You might wanna look that info up, it is pretty nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 01:42 PM
    I would upgrade to OS 5, using one of the nathanix hybrids. It frees up a lot of memory. And stuff works really well. I love my curve with OS 5.
    05-27-10 01:47 PM
    Thank u all for the info..where can i find the OS 5?
    05-27-10 07:35 PM
    I would be careful about going to the 5.0 hybrid since you're on Verizon. If you haven't experienced the nortorious screech sound yet, you might when you upgrade to 5.0. There's been plenty posted on this forum about that issue occuring with 5.0 and Verizon.

There is another thread where xliderider talks about using a hybrid OS:4.5.0.186 w/ .131 radio files. This seems to be the best OS choice for those on Verizon. I've used it ever since he and Jaydee helped me with their posts and since then things have been very good. It also helps to do a "soft reset" once-a-day.

If you put "blazing fast" in your search terms, you're likely to find the thread. Good luck!
    05-27-10 08:26 PM
    Bad media cards can also cause the problems you're describing. If that's the case, copy everything on your media card over to your computer, reformat, then copy everything back to the card.
    05-27-10 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD