Ok so i have a friend with a curve 8310 that i was playing with today and my other friend has one that has a newer OS on it and she wants it more like the newer version...she has like 4.0.50 or something low like that, but she isnt very good with technology, what do you think should i tell her to update and send her to crackberry or no?
    03-25-09 01:49 PM
    Bring her on! She can familiarize herself with the info here before she attempts the OS upgrade.
    03-25-09 02:01 PM
    Up to you, are YOU comfortable upgrading her phone? do you have a spare hour, you can get the OS from the sticky above here on this forum, and install on her PC as well as the DM from blackberry.com (DM 4.5 or 4.6 works best, I wouldnt recommend 4.7)

If she isnt comfortable herself, I wouldnt recommend for her to do it until she is more bb savvy.
    03-25-09 02:02 PM
    Yea I have a storm and there's leaks for that weakly..
    Just wondering is it an official update or leak?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 02:08 PM
    Send us another addict.

If you and your friend read the threads about updating and ask questions here about anything you don't understand, you'll find it relatively easy to do the update.
    03-25-09 02:24 PM
    Up to you, are YOU comfortable upgrading her phone? do you have a spare hour, you can get the OS from the sticky above here on this forum, and install on her PC as well as the DM from blackberry.com (DM 4.5 or 4.6 works best, I wouldnt recommend 4.7)

If she isnt comfortable herself, I wouldnt recommend for her to do it until she is more bb savvy.
    Why wouldn't you recommend 4.7?
    03-25-09 04:18 PM
    You could help her, and if not, WE sure will
    03-25-09 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD