when i had my pocket pc phone i could teather for free. my friend with a i phone can do it for free why cant we do it for free or am i missing something?
    03-02-09 01:13 PM
    It is up to your carrier! Most people with a smartphone/pda have a unlimited data plan, with tmobile the unlimited data plan comes with "free tethering" which isn't really free its just part of the unlimited data plan. Some carriers choose to charge an additional fee!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 01:21 PM
    yea it is 10 bux more but with the iphone and pocket pc i could use a program that mad e my carrier think i was surfing on the phone
    03-02-09 01:26 PM
    Go to tetherberry.com and you can try a beta version of their product that allows you to tether.
    03-02-09 03:18 PM
    Go to tetherberry.com and you can try a beta version of their product that allows you to tether.
    Their FAQ page is limited, but if I understand correctly it's a program that lets you tether using your normal BB data plan (no carrier tether plan required), then that's fantastic!
    03-02-09 03:45 PM
    Or like me just tether using BlueTooth.

03-02-09 03:46 PM
    I just signed up for the TetherBerry beta program and received an e-mail invite 15 minutes later. I'm typing on my Windows XP 32-bit SP2 PC right now, tethered to my Blackberry 8300. It works beautifully! It's so easy to use.. just run PC program, run Blackberry program, connect USB, and I'm online!

I really like this. I don't have to buy a $25-35 USB "Internet stick" from Rogers to get Internet access on my laptop.

Bravo TetherBerry! And thanks for mentioning it joelski.
    03-02-09 08:34 PM
    I am on Tetherberry right now posting this with my 8330, Could be the best app I have seen for these phones.
    03-02-09 08:38 PM
    What's the difference in between Bluetooth Dial-up to TetherBerry? I'm interested..
    03-02-09 08:48 PM
    I use T-mobile. They help you configure if you need it. With BB Internet add-on, no extra charge. And speed is comparable to my Verizon Aircard with 3 G. Go BB and T-mobile!
    03-02-09 10:05 PM
    signed up, but still no email!!! I wanna tether!!!
    03-03-09 05:25 PM
    What's the difference in between Bluetooth Dial-up to TetherBerry? I'm interested..
    I can only give you a subjective answer, but compared to regular USB or Bluetooth modem setup, Tetherberry is like a rocket ship.
    03-03-09 05:36 PM
    I have been using TetherBerry for about a few days and I have to say it is awesome, I have Acer Aspire One notebook that I got about a month ago and it works great tethered to my my 8330, speeds are very good even with streaming music or watching Youtube videos. I have to say that TetherBerry is by far the best app I have, and so very easy to use I didnt have to set up anything just installed and go.
    03-07-09 09:26 AM
    I hacked my iphone when I had it to have the tethering option.. But I hear tether berry works good... Try that

03-07-09 09:46 AM
    I see they are launching the app (non-bata) in less than 2 days. I think I will wait and add it then. Not sure if there will be anything different, but that's just me.
    03-07-09 05:38 PM
    Or like me just tether using BlueTooth.
    Tethering via USB or Bluetooth makes no difference in the type of data. It's just how your PC is talking to the BB.
    03-07-09 06:29 PM
    Yes and Bluetooth is very slow MAX is like 420 KBps only. might as well have dialup Not to mention kills the battery
    03-07-09 06:55 PM
    I have TMO. I can get 90k up and 160K down. I wouldn't say it is screaming. But it is better then dialup and since I already pay the $15 for the unlimited data plan WTH. I wonder if TB will allow faster speeds???

03-07-09 07:04 PM
    well lets see for VZW with pople that pay for the honesty, they will get speeds of 400 to 700 kbps Avg. can go faster (REV0) and 600 to 1.2 MBps (REVA).

Once again the statement as heard in these halls before YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
    03-07-09 07:09 PM
    Well considering I am running 2 BB's and a basic Nokia for $160 a month and I have unlimited everything (voice,data,text,picture). I can't complain.

03-07-09 08:15 PM
    Tethering via USB or Bluetooth makes no difference in the type of data. It's just how your PC is talking to the BB.
    Bluetooth is much slower than USB,especially if you are hitting a EVDO tower with 2 T1 lines.I usually average 1.3 MBps with my Sprint card,and that's double what BT can handle.A tower with 2 T1 lines on it can hit well over 2.0 MPps.
    Last edited by orangepeel; 03-08-09 at 12:21 AM.
    03-08-09 12:14 AM
    I have been using TetherBerry for about a few days and I have to say it is awesome, I have Acer Aspire One notebook that I got about a month ago and it works great tethered to my my 8330, speeds are very good even with streaming music or watching Youtube videos. I have to say that TetherBerry is by far the best app I have, and so very easy to use I didnt have to set up anything just installed and go.
    this is great to hear...my acer aspire one will arrive in the next few days, and i was looking to do the same thing. are you going anywhere near your data limit by doing this?
    03-08-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD