I've got a few ebooks in PDF format, and emailing them to myself is extremely tedious, not even considering the fact I can't read them without signal. The free mobipocket reader isn't an option for me, as they don't have a Mac version of their PDF converter (I do have a laptop, but all my ebooks are on my desktop, which is a mac). I've found a PDF reader, but it's almost $20. Anyone know of a free, or at least closer to free alternative?
    07-26-09 10:13 PM
    Why not just burn the ebooks to a cd and convert them on your laptop? That sounds like the easiest way. Or even just share them over your network and convert them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 11:01 PM
    Why not just burn the ebooks to a cd and convert them on your laptop? That sounds like the easiest way. Or even just share them over your network and convert them.

I might wind up doing that in the end, might be the easiest way. My other pet peeve with Mobipocket is that it runs in the background all the time. I hate apps that do that when they have no good reason to.
    07-26-09 11:23 PM
    Ctrl+alt+del and end process when you're done :-)

07-27-09 12:14 PM
    Ctrl+alt+del and end process when you're done :-)

I mean on my Berry . Unfortunately there seems to be no such key combo I've discovered yet to do so. It's not like Viigo, or the system apps, that have a valid reason to be running all the time, it's a freaking eBook reader.
    07-27-09 09:10 PM
    It is actually: Alt+Shift+Del on the Blackberry
    07-28-09 12:47 PM
    I mean on my Berry . Unfortunately there seems to be no such key combo I've discovered yet to do so. It's not like Viigo, or the system apps, that have a valid reason to be running all the time, it's a freaking eBook reader.
    shift Q works to close the Mobi reader.
    twosevens likes this.
    08-30-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD