Alright I just got a blackberry curve 8310.

I was wondering if i could get free web browsing on this thing without shellin out the dough for a data plan?

I havent bothered to look around the site much and im sure the info im lookin for is on here somewhere so i was just lookin for someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Jason
    11-27-08 10:22 PM
    I highly doubt it.

Pay the $ and youll get everything you need.
    11-27-08 10:23 PM
    Im pretty sure you have to have data
    You are SOL man...
    well i like the setup of this phone and i could still return it and get a full refund..

is there a phone similar to this where i could easily browse the net?

Thanks again
    11-27-08 10:31 PM
    If you had a wifi capable device, you could do some limited browsing while connected, but you won't have instant messaging or email. Get the data plan. Without it, your BlackBerry is just a phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 10:32 PM
    so this thing aint wifi capable at all?
    11-27-08 10:36 PM
    Only the xx20 devices are Wi-Fi capable...
    11-27-08 10:41 PM
    so this thing aint wifi capable at all?
    Nope. Sorry. Like other people have said, just get the data. It's worth it.
    11-27-08 10:42 PM
    Yeah. It is pointless to own a BlackBerry if you are not going to use it as intended. If you are looking for a phone that you can surf over wi-fi try some of the Windows Mobile phones, the BlackBerry bold, or the iphone. Though you probably will need a data plan to activate you can always call them and take it off.

11-27-08 10:47 PM
    Trust me by experience. Pay the extra money for the data plan, you won't be disappointed. I never used email much before but after i got my data plan ive been addicted. After you experience the full potential of ur blackberry u wont ever want to go back.
    11-27-08 10:55 PM
    If you want something to just surf the web on, and for free, get an Ipod Touch
    11-27-08 11:00 PM
    Nothing good n life is free but crackberry lol faf

11-28-08 12:39 AM
    I use to be with AT&T and it cost me to much for what I need it for so I am with Sprint now and I have the everything plan and it works fine for me. $99 a month for everythng, like the plan say.
    11-29-08 07:56 PM
    I am not sure what Smilesdavis expected when he/she purchased a BB. In order to get internet and or email the service must ordered from the wireless provider (ATT/TM...).

The question should be, does anyone know of any wireless providers who have 'no charge' BB service?

You can however order non BB internet and or email from the wireless providers, that is their business.
    11-29-08 08:19 PM
    you absolutely have no options if you want to browse, look at it this way, it's about a dollar a day for unlimited net, also if you don't have the bb plan you won't be able to send/rec. mms messages either on at&t because they too go thru the net feature.
    11-29-08 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD