Can someone please answer the following as it has freaked me out trying to understand how it works.

I have just bought a flip case for my BB. When i close the flip down it puts the phone in standby and when I open it it comes back on. I have looed everywhere to try and find a sensor on it, put my fingers over every thing to try and simulate the case closing but cannot find how it is happening. Also when I flip it over and there is an email received it displays it straight away.

This feature is awesome, just please someone tell me how it is done before I go mad.

Jason
    02-29-08 01:50 AM
    Can someone please answer the following as it has freaked me out trying to understand how it works.

I have just bought a flip case for my BB. When i close the flip down it puts the phone in standby and when I open it it comes back on. I have looed everywhere to try and find a sensor on it, put my fingers over every thing to try and simulate the case closing but cannot find how it is happening. Also when I flip it over and there is an email received it displays it straight away.

This feature is awesome, just please someone tell me how it is done before I go mad.

Jason
    Magnet in the case.

When putting the BlackBerry in or taking it out of the case, it reacts to a magnet in the case.

And you thought it might be magic!

LOL.

It's actually programmed to work that way in a BlackBerry case.
    02-29-08 01:56 AM
    So??? its not magic? Next you are going to tell me that santa clause isnt real!! lol
    02-29-08 03:02 AM
    The magnet throws it into "holster" mode. You can adjust the settings for this in each profile.
    02-29-08 03:22 PM
    LMAO! Too funny!
    02-29-08 03:26 PM
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN SANTA CLAUSE ISN'T FREAKIN REAL ??!!??

-db

i'm going to go cry quietly in the corner...
    02-29-08 03:30 PM
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN SANTA CLAUSE ISN'T FREAKIN REAL ??!!??

-db

i'm going to go cry quietly in the corner...
    Awww, it'll be okay, I promise. *pat on the back*
    02-29-08 03:32 PM
    You guys are wack.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-29-08 03:49 PM
    [QUOTE=Solachica;158373]You guys are wack.

thanks sola...

-db

i can sleep better now...

and thanks for the pat kristin...got any meds to go with that sympathy...category three only please...
    02-29-08 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD