I found a phone and want to no if I can still use it even thou its a cdma phone it has a sim card slot is there a way to unlock it and use it on another carrier or did I just find a piece off junk it still has network coverage but it might get shut off helpppppp

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 07:21 PM
    Take it to a Sprint store and turn it in.
    08-11-10 07:22 PM
    Now why would I do that that's like turning jesus in to the jews lol this person didn't even have the crackberry app on his phone he had no password protection or security apps on this baby they didn't even buy it a case poor phone it needs a new home so helpppppp please I'd like to keep it and unlock it and use it as a second phone

08-11-10 07:37 PM
    Wow, Really? If you lost your phone and somebody just kept it how would you feel? Why not just return it?

And if you found a Sprint 8330 then it doesn't have a SIM slot, probably a media card slot. they can't be unlocked, can only be used on Sprint. So if the owner has reported it stolen/lost, very likely, it will be completely unusable. Better just to return it to a Sprint store, or use it for Brickbreaker, cause it's just a paperweight now.
    08-11-10 07:41 PM
    I personally think that is a very poor attitude to have. As someone else in this thread said, if you lost your device, wouldn't you want someone to return it to you if possible? Sprint should be able to locate the owner of their device.

Have you even tried to see if there is a "home" contact or someway you can get in contact with its owner?

Now why would I do that that's like turning jesus in to the jews lol this person didn't even have the crackberry app on his phone he had no password protection or security apps on this baby they didn't even buy it a case poor phone it needs a new home so helpppppp please I'd like to keep it and unlock it and use it as a second phone

08-11-10 07:47 PM
    Wow, Really? If you lost your phone and somebody just kept it how would you feel? Why not just return it?

And if you found a Sprint 8330 then it doesn't have a SIM slot, probably a media card slot. they can't be unlocked, can only be used on Sprint. So if the owner has reported it stolen/lost, very likely, it will be completely unusable. Better just to return it to a Sprint store, or use it for Brickbreaker, cause it's just a paperweight now.
    well first off all it does have a sim slot and if you found my phone because I lost it it would off been locked and wiped when you picked it up see there are apps for this that work real well and if they do turn it off ill just turn it in and get the money off a new bold lol now can some one with real advice help and can the angels on crackberry stay out this one

08-11-10 07:50 PM
    You're a fool and if you know so much about bb's then you would know that the owner probably reported the phone as lost or stolen and it's a brick now. This needs to be deleted.
    08-11-10 07:54 PM
    You are not going to find folks on this forum who wish to be accomplices to fraud.
    08-11-10 07:56 PM
    I personally think that is a very poor attitude to have. As someone else in this thread said, if you lost your device, wouldn't you want someone to return it to you if possible? Sprint should be able to locate the owner of their device.

Have you even tried to see if there is a "home" contact or someway you can get in contact with its owner?
    Yes I looked into the phones owner info and its blank **** even I took the time to fill that out it is the first thing you see when my phone sits for a minute untouched plus I created a very long pass word then I went and bought apps to futher more **** off the poor fool who found my locked bb but you guys are right I should give it back to sprint and get what a cookie I'd rather use it for parts for my sons phone if somthing breaks if the person that lost this phone didn't take the time to secure it then I say finders keepers

08-11-10 08:08 PM
    well first off all it does have a sim slot and if you found my phone because I lost it it would off been locked and wiped when you picked it up see there are apps for this that work real well and if they do turn it off ill just turn it in and get the money off a new bold lol now can some one with real advice help and can the angels on crackberry stay out this one

Yes I looked into the phones owner info and its blank **** even I took the time to fill that out it is the first thing you see when my phone sits for a minute untouched plus I created a very long pass word then I went and bought apps to futher more **** off the poor fool who found my locked bb but you guys are right I should give it back to sprint and get what a cookie I'd rather use it for parts for my sons phone if somthing breaks if the person that lost this phone didn't take the time to secure it then I say finders keepers

USE IT FOR PARTS!?
    you don't even know what a SIM Card tray is, Or you don't know what a 8330 is. Or you don't know how to read the little sprint Bezel at the bottom of the phone.

I feel like your son will end up an 8325 with 2 keyboards and no camera.
    Possibly missing a battery.
    08-11-10 08:29 PM
    Yea... it's not a Sprint 8330 if it has a SIM slot, would be an 8310 or 8320 then. It seems that you would know how to identify a phone since you know so much about securing them...
    08-11-10 08:32 PM
    Teaching your son a GREAT lesson in morals and ethics.

I nominate you for Parent of the Year.

That or else [insert your favorite expletive here] of the year.
    A lot of people would do what you did, however it is not wise, someones personal life could be in that phone. They might manage their business from there... Get their emails it might have passwords, etc. Turn it in to Sprint and they might be able to track the owner of the phone, it's a good deed and its the right thing to do.

Do the ethical, right thing. Turn it in.
    08-11-10 08:34 PM
    +10000000

LOL!!! love it, thanks for the laugh...
    08-11-10 08:34 PM
    Agreed!

A lot of people would do what you did, however it is not wise, someones personal life could be in that phone. They might manage their business from there... Get their emails it might have passwords, etc. Turn it in to Sprint and they might be able to track the owner of the phone, it's a good deed and its the right thing to do.

LOL! Thats funny ^.^
    08-11-10 08:42 PM
    +10000000

LOL!!! love it, thanks for the laugh...
    Hahaha, i was being serious though.

He doesnt even know what a SIM card is -___-
    and he types that the BB is only good if there is a crackberry app on it -_____-
    Disgrace to our nation.
    08-11-10 08:50 PM
    Closed... before flames break out when a thief is subjected to the wrath of honest users.
    08-12-10 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD