I found a BB Curve and contacted the owner, they had already received a new one through insurance and they don't want this one. What can I do with it?
    09-19-08 09:19 AM
    Give it to me as a gift please and thankyou! LOL
    09-19-08 09:20 AM
    If they don't want it I would say either sell it or keep it for yourself.

Just about anything free is a good thing!
    09-19-08 09:24 AM
    Have the owner contact their carrier and make sure the PIN and ESN are unlocked from them.... if they did a claim thru insurance then the carrier doesn't need it back... Then you can use it...

Other wise, return it to the carrier is a must.... But if everything is clear on the carrier and owner.. then it's yours....
    I lost my phone. No one contacted me. If it is compatiable with AT&T, let me know what you want for it.
    Is it a GSM carrier model? (ATT or TMOBILE etc?) or is is a CDMA type (Verizon/Sprint) if its a gsm just stick your SIM card in and make sure it has been cleared on the back end by the previous owner and you should be good to go
    09-19-08 09:26 AM
    You could keep it for yourself and use it as a part-out phone (if it is the same model as your current phone). That way, if you drop or damage something on your current phone, you can fix it quickly and cheaply. If nothing else you get a backup battery.

That's weird that the owner wouldn't want it back. If you were able to contact them, there must be identifiable information on the phone. I for one wouldn't want someone to be able to keep that (even though someone could have already coppied down the info).
    09-19-08 09:44 AM
    if they got a new one through insurance. den use it. That happened to me. I had a blackjack and i lost it or atleast thought i did. and they sent me another one. then i found my old one so i let my friend use it.
    09-19-08 09:49 AM
    I'll take it. Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 09:51 AM
    It's a CMDA. I couldn't access the phone, it was dead. There was a sticker on the back with a if lost phone #.

I don't need it, I have the same one. How would one sell it?
    09-19-08 09:52 AM
    I thought that if the phone was reported lost/stolen to the insurance co that it couldnt be used again. That it would be locked by the carrier. No?
    09-19-08 09:52 AM
    The carrier was verizon. I didn't think about keeping the battery and memory card; that's a nice thing!
    09-19-08 09:55 AM
    Most likely it's locked into whatever network it came from, so it will not be any good on any other network... I would not sell it, since it's been report as lost or stolen... you might give it away to someone using whatever network the phone is part of... at least someone might be able to use it.
    09-19-08 09:56 AM
    if it's been reported or stolen , I would think that if you tried to activate it,it would raise red flags with the carrier and then who knows what else, would the person who found it get in hot water for trying to activate it. I would say have the original owner call the carrier and at least clear the pin, or something, because it is my understanding that in order to file an insurance claim on a lost or stolen phone , their has to be a police report or some kind of record.
    09-19-08 10:13 AM
    They had insurance on their phone through Verizon. It was reported lost and was replaced by the insurance. There is no need for a police report.
    09-19-08 10:16 AM
    I thought that if the phone was reported lost/stolen to the insurance co that it couldnt be used again. That it would be locked by the carrier. No?
    That's correct. That phone is as good as a brick.
    09-19-08 10:18 AM
    oh ok, i wasn't for sure just I had heard that at one time and didn't know if it was true or not. thanks for the info
    09-19-08 10:20 AM
    I'll be happy to take it off your hands
    09-19-08 10:21 AM
    Even if the carrier were able to release it the insurance company now has a claim in it , they invested money in the replacement device and I sure they make efforts to reclaim lost phones when possible and I don't think the carrier can release a lost/stolen phone when the insurance company is now involved, I bet the insurance would like it back. Give them a call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD