I was having the worst time with my Desktop Manager installation on Windows Vista but finally found the answer. I had to buy a new Curve 8310 because the camera wasn't working and freezing my phone up. On installing the Desktop Manager I went to my carrier provider site for it instead of Blackberry. It made such a big differents!!!

On the sync option I actually have a choice of yahoo and outlook express (which is really windows live) for address and calendar.

Some probably already knew this but some like me did not so I wanted to explain my experience. I think the hardest thing in these forums is not finding someone having the same problem as you but finding the answer or at least commenting back if they found an answer.

Next mission on my list..adding applications....whoa what fun. lol
    06-12-08 09:57 AM
    Congratulations on tracking the problem down. A hardware failure is unusal, but it does happen.
    06-12-08 10:16 AM
    I'm dealing with the "no new applications were located for this device" error when I try to add them. I can't add the GPS software I purchased, any of the themes I've downloaded... nothing. I get the same error every time.

I read your post and thought there might be a difference between the version I downloaded from Blackberry and what Sprint offers.. except that when you go to the Sprint site it directs you to the blackberry site for the same version I already have.

Oh well.. Time to uninstall everything and try again.
    06-12-08 10:23 AM
    I'm dealing with the "no new applications were located for this device" error when I try to add them. I can't add the GPS software I purchased, any of the themes I've downloaded... nothing. I get the same error every time.

I read your post and thought there might be a difference between the version I downloaded from Blackberry and what Sprint offers.. except that when you go to the Sprint site it directs you to the blackberry site for the same version I already have.

Oh well.. Time to uninstall everything and try again.
    I totally understand how much of a pain this can be. If I find any answers for your apps error I'll post it most definitely. Good luck.
    06-12-08 11:07 AM
    Thanks Stoner!!
    06-12-08 11:09 AM
    i had problems installing the DM with Vista when i got my 8330 last month, but i just set it to use Windows XP settings when doing it. Golden.
    06-12-08 01:47 PM
    Got it to load apps now too!!!

Steps that worked for me:

1) Download the latest Desktop manager from your provider or BB.com

2) Download the latest Phone OS from your provider or BB.com

3) Install Desktop Manager
    At this point I can't load apps to phone as "No Additional Applications designed for your device were found" error

4) Install Phone OS on computer
    After doing this I lost ability for desktop manager to find the phone... just great...

5) Connect phone to PC via USB cord

6) Open Windows device manager and delete the "BlackBerry Smartphone" listed in the available USB devices. It will have a yellow ! by it saying it is not functioning. Say yes when windows asks if you want to remove the device drivers.

7) Disconnect phone.

8) Re-Attach phone and it will re-install the drivers automatically.

9) Open Desktop Manager
    I now finds the phone on the USB port and Application Loader now works.

Hope this helps.
    06-12-08 02:35 PM
    Thanks. gotta check it out.
    06-17-08 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD