So I am not exctally sure what I did to my phone (8330) but now when i plug in my phone to the computer. It shows it as a removable device instead of a "BlackBerry". Is there anything I can do at all?
    01-16-09 06:36 PM
    Welcome to CB! The removable device is probably your media card in your BB.
    01-16-09 06:38 PM
    I don't think my PC ever saw my BB as anything other than a removable drive. That said, have you upgraded your OS, or installed a new SD card?
    01-16-09 07:42 PM
    I had my SD card in my phone long before this problem came up and my PC saw my BB as a BB then it changed.
    01-16-09 08:05 PM
    Anyone else got any ideas at all?
    01-18-09 12:08 PM
    When you plug in the USB cable, if you enable Mass Storage Mode, your BlackBerry will be labeled as a BlackBerry. If you say no to Mass Storage Mode, your BlackBerry will be labeled a Removable Disk.

I have my Mass Storage Mode set to Prompt and make the selection each time.
    01-18-09 01:07 PM
    And I take the other tack and auto-enable mass storage mode so it always shows as BlackBerry. You might have mass storage auto enable set to no. This way you don't get a prompt and it doesn't auto enable either.
    Go to options-media card and set the auto-enable to yes or prompt and see if that solves the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 01:47 PM
    Alright well I set it to "Yes" and it still comes up as a "removable disk". I set it to "no" and it did what you both said it would. And i set it to "prompt" and then click yes and it still comes up as a "removable disk".

Is there anything else that I am missing on my end of things?
    01-19-09 11:40 AM
    Is it really bothering you that bad..?
    01-19-09 11:44 AM
    tae 254 implies a good question. Is Mass Storage Mode still working? If so, how the BlackBerry is labeled is not so significant. If Mass Storage Mode used to work, and stopped working the same time the label changed, then we have a problem to solve.
    01-19-09 11:56 AM
    Is it really bothering you that bad..?
    Well its not so much the label as the fact that when i put music on there or ring tones none of them work or are able to play on my phone.

When i click on the "removable disk" there are no sub folders at all unlike when it was a BlackBerry, it had sub folders such as music, photos, voice notes, and ringtones(or something like that).

So thats the part thats bothering me, and i figured if you all knew how to change it back to "BlackBerry" then I would get my sub folders back.
    01-20-09 11:34 AM
    You probably just need to reformat the card, then copy everything from your PC back to it. If you don't have your files backed up on your PC, you might try putting the card in your PC and running CHKDSK and letting it try to repair the formatting. You might recover some of the content that way.
    01-20-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD