I do want those very much! I guess I'm nervous about the install since it isn't VZW (I'd have to use the Sprint version, right?).
    Go to www.verizonwireless.com/data you will be able to do it from there. That's where I got it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 04:50 PM
    To right to the site got to VZW BB Update
    04-10-09 04:55 PM
    i just got the 8330 curve...dont plan on switching any time soon...but everything is all about the storm and bold. maybe one of these days the honemoon period will be over with those phones and the 8330 will be remembered?
    04-10-09 05:11 PM
    I'm just happy to finally have MMS capabilities....
    04-10-09 05:38 PM
    I love my 8310. I use the 8900 because it oes more and cost me a lot of money but the 8310 running 1.24 is a fantastic phone.

RIM have said that the 83xx series will get OS 5. I think there are going to be performance problems due to the CPU speed and the small amount of memory avalable.

However, given the huge number of 83xx phones out there, OS 5 is a good way to keep your phone for a long time to come.
    04-10-09 05:47 PM
    I agree, iff it's not broken, don't fix it. I like it the way it is for now. But I get bored very fast lol
    04-10-09 07:55 PM
    Would anyone know what os 5.o would include or is that pure speculation at this point?
    04-10-09 08:14 PM
    04-11-09 06:41 AM
    Is anyone else surprised that that BGR posting is seven months
    old and there hasn't been even a hint of this OS. Anywhere.
    I mean for the 83xx series.
    04-11-09 06:52 AM
    I have OS 5.0.0.90 on my 8900 Curve and there are changes but there is nothing earth shaking here.

The Explore function from Media has now been uprated and brought out as a stand alone app.

There's an icon for PlayLists.

Profiles setup has had a major overhaul. In fact, most Options now have a series of drop down choices in place of the old popup choices which O found easier to read.

There is a dinky progresss bar at boot time and also during OS upgrades.

I am sure that others will find more changes and improvements.

In truth, OS 5.0 feels more like a minor upgrade to OS 4.5, 6, 7+ rather than a major new OS. Inside the Java folder, things have changed quite a bit and RIM have obviously done a lot of work behind the scenes.

I am sure that OS 5 will be more stable and more modular but we may not see too much of that as users.
    04-11-09 07:01 AM
    I have OS 5.0.0.90 on my 8900 Curve and there are changes but there is nothing earth shaking here.

The Explore function from Media has now been uprated and brought out as a stand alone app.

There's an icon for PlayLists.

Profiles setup has had a major overhaul. In fact, most Options now have a series of drop down choices in place of the old popup choices which O found easier to read.

There is a dinky progresss bar at boot time and also during OS upgrades.

I am sure that others will find more changes and improvements.

In truth, OS 5.0 feels more like a minor upgrade to OS 4.5, 6, 7+ rather than a major new OS. Inside the Java folder, things have changed quite a bit and RIM have obviously done a lot of work behind the scenes.

I am sure that OS 5 will be more stable and more modular but we may not see too much of that as users.
    I had OS 5.0 on my Bold. It was okay, but the changes were not as exciting as I had hoped. Hopefully, this is a mere first step on the way to something great.

04-11-09 07:15 AM
    I feel like we are forgotten.
    04-11-09 10:39 AM
    probably will move to the niagra by the time the 83xx gets os 5.0
    04-11-09 10:42 AM
    I agree, iff it's not broken, don't fix it. I like it the way it is for now. But I get bored very fast lol
    +1 I get bored as well, lets see whats in store next quarter
    04-11-09 10:43 AM
    5.0 may have some features that would really push the 83xx hardware. Remember installing Windows Vista on a PC that ran XP just fine. Or OS X on a Mac that ran 9.x fine? Some features would be nice, but not at the expense of general lag. When it's available I'll try it for curiosity, but will be prepared to go back to 4.5 for a BB that's responsive enough to suit me.
    04-11-09 10:50 AM
    Good point! But mostly about the getting bored part. We need something new, something funky fresh...lol.

Id stick with the current OS, because it works just fine for me. Unless of course there were major app revisions such as;

GPS enabling of google maps (or whatever the problem seems to be)
    Interaction between apps such as calendar, email and task apps
    Folders options for email and sms/mms inbox and sent with folder editing.
    Oh yeah, and if i could get one with the winning lottery numbers that come up on every quick pull, then i'd be totally happy.

Otherwise, im fine with it for now!
    04-11-09 11:40 AM
    I use to use the storm and trust me it seems like fun to have a new OS once a week but having a functional phone is WAAAAAYYYYY better - we should be getting something new in a month or two
    04-11-09 01:27 PM
    Go to blackberry.com and check divice software and put in your pin...

https://www.blackberry.com/hhupgrade/
    Go to https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=ZBO0-9ID you will be able to do it from there. That's where I got it

Thanks! In process now. I hope it works. My computer keeps beeping recognizing and not recognizing the device...
    04-13-09 10:32 PM
    I can't get html email to work though...
    04-13-09 11:23 PM
    5.0 may have some features that would really push the 83xx hardware. Remember installing Windows Vista on a PC that ran XP just fine. Or OS X on a Mac that ran 9.x fine? Some features would be nice, but not at the expense of general lag. When it's available I'll try it for curiosity, but will be prepared to go back to 4.5 for a BB that's responsive enough to suit me.
    5.0 won't be Vista so much as SP2. Minor tweaks that will make the OS run better.
    04-14-09 12:02 AM
    My 8310 works fine, is reliable and helps me achieve all that I want at work, home and on the road.

Take your time, RIM. Don't screw with something that works all in the name of market share. You already have it thanks to the 8310.
    04-14-09 12:38 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD