Hello all.

No matter how many times I try to change the folder and file properties using Vista on my BB, I can not remove the box for Read Only. I select the folders and files who's attributes I want to change, uncheck the box, once I reselect the box to check the attributes again, it is back to Read Only.

This makes moving files to other directories impossible.

Any help as to how to make these changes stick is greatly appreciated.

Mike
    01-30-09 05:49 PM
    Anyone?
    01-31-09 11:27 AM
    One more try, still not able to move files.
    02-22-09 04:57 PM
    Have you tried opening a command prompt and running "attrib -r <DRIVE LETTER:\PATH\folder name>" (the stuff in the < >s being unique to your system, of course)?
    02-23-09 01:11 AM
    Folders in Vista and XP can't be set to Read Only. The read-only attribute only applies to files. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're probably seeing a filled-in checkbox when you view properties for the folder. Take a look at any folder on your computer, they'll all have a filled in checkbox.

The checkbox has 3 possible states for a folder, Filled in, Unchecked and Checked. If you have files in the folder and you click the checkbox, then hit apply, you should get a prompt with 2 options; Apply changes to this folder ony, and Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files. Either way, you're only affecting files, not folders.

If you're having problems moving files, then you have another problem with the media card.
    02-23-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD