I've done some research on this, but not finding anything specific.

Is there an FM transmitter specifically for the Blackberry Curve? I'm interested in purchasing one, and I'm sure any FM transmitter should do, but I figured I'd ask the experts..

Any advice?

Thanks!
    08-11-09 03:53 PM
    By FM Transmitter do you mean a device that can play your songs from your BlackBerry on your car radio by tuning into a neutral radio station?
    08-11-09 04:00 PM
    There are several out there. I have a Jabra SP700 bluetooth/FM transmitter that sounds pretty good.
    08-11-09 04:03 PM
    Yes, I'm sorry I wasn't specific enough.

I have songs on my SD card as well as Pandora Radio. I am wanting something that will sound pretty clear. Unfortunately my car doesn't have the connection for the AUX cable that my husbands does.. so I'm looking for options.
    08-11-09 04:12 PM
    There are several out there. I have a Jabra SP700 bluetooth/FM transmitter that sounds pretty good.

Thank you I'll check into that one!
    08-11-09 04:12 PM
    I'd also second the Jabra SP700. I bought one a few weeks ago on Amazon for about $35 shipped and I've been extremely happy with it. I've tried plenty of FM transmitters before and took them all back because the signal was fuzzy. I get some occasional noise with the SP700, but setting the unit on your lap or plugging in the charging cable (doesn't even need to be plugged into anything on the other end) will help with the static go away. Speakerphone use is great also, since your calls can also go over the FM transmitter to your car speakers.
    08-11-09 04:58 PM
    The Jabra works very well. I suggest it.
    08-11-09 04:59 PM
    Thanks everyone for the responsed. I'll start looking for a Jabra!
    08-11-09 07:20 PM
    If your car has a "oh my gosh"-cassette player, you can by a cassette adapter at a radio shack.I use one in my 99 Lincoln Town Car.Just a thought and cheaper cost wise.
    08-11-09 08:50 PM
    Why specifically for a Curve? Any transmitter that uses a 3.5mm headphone connection will work fine.
    08-12-09 01:26 PM
    Why specifically for a Curve? Any transmitter that uses a 3.5mm headphone connection will work fine.
    Thats true, but I didn't know if there is one specific one for the blackberry that can get me better reception.. I heard some FM transmitters are pretty crappy and you can't hear the music very well?

I do like the Jabra, I did a lot of research on it yesterday.. but I'm not completely sold on it.. yet!
    08-12-09 05:11 PM
    If your car has a "oh my gosh"-cassette player, you can by a cassette adapter at a radio shack.I use one in my 99 Lincoln Town Car.Just a thought and cheaper cost wise.
    Sadly, my car doesn't have one. That would have been my first choice b/c the reception is so much better!
    08-12-09 05:12 PM
    I LOVE my MOTOROLA T505 FM Transmitter -- The thing is Awesome and It plays Music like it was a CD -- Either MP# on the Phone or Pandora Radio Its GREAT

Peace
    Dan
    08-12-09 07:50 PM
    Thats true, but I didn't know if there is one specific one for the blackberry that can get me better reception.. I heard some FM transmitters are pretty crappy and you can't hear the music very well?
    It shouldn't matter what device the transmitter is connected (BB, iPod, etc.). The quality/static depends a lot on where you are. If you're in a big city with lots and lots of radio stations it can be hard to find a clear one for your own broadcast. So it's important whichever one you get, that you can manually select what station to broadcast on. Some will only use 88.7, some may have 5-6 pre-programmed ones. Find one that can be set to any station and you should always be able to find a clear one. I have a Griffin (I think...) one for my iPod and it's pretty good, but it uses the doc connector so can't be used with a BB.
    08-12-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD