Whenever I get an MMS message, the enclosed pic shows for a second or two once I scroll down into the body of the message, then disappears. I have to back out, go back in, and scroll down as fast as I can to see the image before it disappears again. This is quite frustrating!!! Are any of you having this issue??

However, images are showing up fine in my HTML emails....

I'm running 4.5.0.77 OS - any help would be appreciated.

And, does anyone know if the sound problem has been cleared up with 4.5? (opened MMS mssgs with sound cause the audio to cut out on incoming calls - they hear me, i don't hear them). I haven't received a MMS with sound since I upgraded, so I have no idea.

Thanks!
    11-12-08 11:35 AM
    bump for this.....

anyone??
    11-12-08 12:46 PM
    Not something I have seen with MMS or Emails.

What happens if you send an MMS to yourself with a picture in it?
    What happens if you send an MMS to yourself with more than one picture in it?

Does this happen with all MMS with pics or just from the one person that sent you the current MMS?

If you forward the MMS that has the problem, to yourself can you see the pictures? How about if you send them to others, can they see them?

You can try and forward it to me to see if I can view the pics. Change pics/text, if it's something personal.

PM for email address.
    11-12-08 01:00 PM
    Whenever I get an MMS message, the enclosed pic shows for a second or two once I scroll down into the body of the message, then disappears. I have to back out, go back in, and scroll down as fast as I can to see the image before it disappears again. This is quite frustrating!!! Are any of you having this issue??

However, images are showing up fine in my HTML emails....

I'm running 4.5.0.77 OS - any help would be appreciated.

And, does anyone know if the sound problem has been cleared up with 4.5? (opened MMS mssgs with sound cause the audio to cut out on incoming calls - they hear me, i don't hear them). I haven't received a MMS with sound since I upgraded, so I have no idea.
    Thanks!
    Just did a sound and pic test to myself with 5 pics and two ringtones. When you scroll down, are you using the track ball or the SPACE bar?

I noticed that the only scrolling down I can do is through any text in an MMS, not the actual pictures. Pics seem to be controlled in the slide show timer in the media player options. Mine was set to 1 second, I changed it to 4. You can also PAUSE each pic to view it as long as you like using the menu button and scrolling to PAUSE.

For me I just let the MMS do it's little multi-pic slide show, once it gets to the last one, I use the ALT + SPACE bar, to go back to the top of the message. Or use the MENU button and pick RESTART from the list.

Sound is fine, used one short and one long ringtone, and both came though just fine. Tried it with a friend (gotta love testing things on friends) and the audio didn't play in the MMS while I was talking, but was still able to open the MMS and view the pics. Tired it with and without my wired headset.
    11-12-08 02:26 PM
    Sorry it's taken me so long to respond - crazy night last night!

I'll have to try sending one to myself - had not thought of that (the easiest solutions are the ones that don't occur to me right away ) - but I think in your second post you hit the nail on the head about the timing for slideshows. Mine too was set to only 1 second, so I increased it to 4.

Now all I gotta do is get one of my friends to send me an MMS with a pic to see if it works.

About the sound issue; I wonder if OS 4.5 fixed that. I honestly can't remember if I've recvd an MMS with sound since I upgraded - people had been told not to bother sending me that stuff, cuz I was getting tired of doing battery pulls.

Thanks for responding!!
    11-13-08 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD