Does anyone else have the problem where it kind of feels like your thumb just rolls off the ball without the ball rolling at all? Maybe my ball is dirty or something is stuck down there. I guess I'm just looking to see if anyone has this problem as well and has any advice. Thanks
    03-11-09 02:08 PM
    Yeah got that problem too sometimes! I don't know how it comes. I don't think it's dirt, coz whenever i buy a new bb: i got the same problem in the first weeks... But overall it doesnt happen often...

Perhaps you could buy a spare trackball. Or go to your provider and ask them for advice
    03-11-09 02:11 PM
    Sometimes the mechanisms get a little bit o' grit in them and do this. I usually back the ball up and roll it around to free things up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 02:17 PM
    Take it out and clean it. Quick and works good. I replace mine on a whim since they are so cheap (5$) but here is a tutorial on how to get it back rolling well..

How To: Remove And Clean A BlackBerry Trackball Without Destroying/Dismantling Your BlackBerry | NationLink Wireless
    03-11-09 03:21 PM
    fantastic info. i think everone has this problem at sometime or another. my trackball actually looks like its worn down in a couple of spots..
    03-11-09 03:54 PM
    Yeah its just dirty. Either buy a new trackball or clean it up with directions posted above

03-11-09 04:51 PM
    My ball sometimes will only allow me to go down but not up. Would this be the same issue?

03-11-09 05:27 PM
    My ball sometimes will only allow me to go down but not up. Would this be the same issue?

More than likely yes....
    03-11-09 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD