Hi,

I have a Sprint 8330 Curve that was given to me by a friend recently. It was a spare she had on a contract where she had to pay for it whether anyone was using it or not, so she gave it to me until the contract ran out. It's time for me to find my own plan for it, but I don't think Sprint's fits my budget as well as some other carriers, as I won't have a family plan.

From what I'm reading about it, this phone can't be unlocked, only flashed to another CDMA network. What options are there for this phone in the US, what do I have to do for this, and what are the cheapest ones? I don't usually use that many minutes or texts, so a fairly bare-bones plan is OK for me. Thanks!
    09-09-11 09:04 PM
    I believe you can flash it to boost or virgin, because they both use sprint's network. You cannot flash it to Verizon.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 09:52 PM
    Thanks. Virgin seems to have the best rates, but I'm confused as to how to get it flashed to the network. What will I need in order to do this?
    09-09-11 10:19 PM
    That I have no clue about. If you don't get an answer here though (which you might not) you should go check out howardforums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 10:24 PM
    Thanks. I already found a post there with most of the directions, but I still don't know what to use to flash it with. Apparently the ESN also needs to be changed? I'm not too sure what this is about, would it take an ESN from any Virgin Mobile phone (such as if I bought one of their cheapest prepaids just to get the number off)?
    09-09-11 10:36 PM
    PagePlus has good rates for me too, if there's an easier way to get it flashed to their service instead...
    09-09-11 10:38 PM
    Still hoping I can get it changed to either Virgin Mobile or Page Plus...but I had another question. I don't have a wall charger or a data cable. If I get just a data cable, will it be able to charge off of that?
    09-10-11 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD