When I am talking to someone on AIM, anytime they send a message my indicator light flashes red (as it does with any new message). However, unlike sms texts and e-mails, when I open AIM and respond, it still continues to flash. Even if I end the conversation, it will still continue to flash red. It's a minor issue, but it can get irritating when I think I have a new message, but there isn't. Does anybody know how to solve this or if there's something I'm missing here?
    04-27-08 08:00 AM
    Mine does it too. I'm not sure why. Sometimes I exit the application without signing off and then re enter it and that helps. Other times it doesn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-08 08:18 AM
    I use JiveTalk and it works fine Download the trial - you probably won't ever go back!
    04-27-08 08:38 AM
    I love that JiveTalk allows you to customize the color of your LED for when new IMs come in.

Definitely worth the money!
    04-27-08 09:14 AM
    same thing happens in jivetalk. i get led indicator and so i check the message after viewing it sometimes it still blinking after i checked it.
    04-27-08 10:24 AM
    I've had it happen before. I think it's more of a bug than anything else. Only suggestion I can make is to make sure you have the latest OS on your phone.
    04-27-08 10:36 AM
    The only thing that seems to work for me is to end the conversation
    04-27-08 01:24 PM
    Yep, that's the best remedy right there. Just make sure you end your convos, don't just leave them in the queue. Should help!

Dave.
    06-02-08 11:25 AM
    Same thing happens with me and BBM for some. Usually it means there's a message that I just haven't received yet from the contact
    06-02-08 12:36 PM
    I do this, or I call my voicemail right quick when it's acting glitchy, and that usually works.
    06-02-08 12:41 PM
    it happens to me to

i think its cus it will alert you of a new msg but your typing or something and the phone thinks that you ignored the new msg and it will continue to blink thinking that you overlooked it....usually when the next msg comes in ill roll the TB and it will stop sometimes when this doesnt work ill send an IM to myself and check that and it will end...or you can simply exit and re-enter AIM this usually works too....

just dont ever let this happen with a missed call...that can only be solved by wiping your handheld and that sucks lol
    06-02-08 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD