Hey All

So I know this is a noob question. I tried searching and wasn't able to find an answer.

So I'm sitting here on my bbmessenger chatting away... all of a sudden my phone makes a strange beep. I check it and I had gotton a text... I assume that the bbmsg just cut off my SMS tone.

My phone is working completely fine but I now have a green status light that is constantly flashing. Normally it flashes red when I have a new message... but I checked all my inboxs and such anyways. Can't find anything.

So what does the Green LED stand for and how do I get it to stop blinking. I didnt change any of my settings so I'm not sure why it started all of a sudden.

Thanks All!!
    08-25-08 02:35 PM
    maybe cause you interupted the tone, it figures you know you have a message
    08-25-08 02:42 PM
    The green LED is the coverage indicator.

Go to options > screen/keyboard and turn the LED coverage indicator to off.
    08-25-08 02:45 PM
    benzworm.... it wont stop flashing cause it figures I know I have a message??? That doesn't make sense. In that case it shouldn't flash at all!
    08-25-08 02:45 PM
    Hey All

So I know this is a noob question. I tried searching and wasn't able to find an answer.

So I'm sitting here on my bbmessenger chatting away... all of a sudden my phone makes a strange beep. I check it and I had gotton a text... I assume that the bbmsg just cut off my SMS tone.

My phone is working completely fine but I now have a green status light that is constantly flashing. Normally it flashes red when I have a new message... but I checked all my inboxs and such anyways. Can't find anything.

So what does the Green LED stand for and how do I get it to stop blinking. I didnt change any of my settings so I'm not sure why it started all of a sudden.

Thanks All!!
    The Flashing Green light is the service indicator. to turn it off go to Options > screen /keyboard and scroll down to LED coverage indicator and make sure it is set to off.
    08-25-08 02:47 PM
    Hazysky is right . The flashing green light is your coverage indicator. Follow the instructions he gave you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 02:48 PM
    I didn't say that they wernt right.

I was simply asking why it all of a sudden started flashing constantly. When it hasn't once for the last month?
    08-25-08 02:49 PM
    benzworm.... it wont stop flashing cause it figures I know I have a message??? That doesn't make sense. In that case it shouldn't flash at all!

wow

guess i read that wrong...
    08-25-08 02:53 PM
    Ok... so I went in to change the status light to off... and it already was!!

So... I still have a green LED flashing about every 3-5 secs. No messages waiting. Have done 2 battery pulls with no change.

Any other ideas?
    08-25-08 02:58 PM
    what os are you running?
    08-25-08 03:03 PM
    Hit menu key scroll to show all check to see if you have a hiden folder email. This happend to me a drove me nuts til this was suggested dont know how the messege got there but the flashing stopped.
    08-25-08 03:08 PM
    I am using OS 4.3 that came on my phone.

I didn't change any settings... the flashing... LITERALLY.. started out of nowhere!
    08-25-08 03:08 PM
    Have you installed any 3rd party apps recenetly? Have you tried a battery pull?
    08-25-08 03:34 PM
    No new apps. As stated previously I did 2.

But... I think I may have figured it out.

Turns out the theme I was using does not show the battery level. Never had a problem with this because I charge my phone when I'm sleeping.
    But.. since it was off all day yesterday and I worked nights last night looks like my battery dropped below 5% and it shut off my radios. I assume that's what the flashing is.
    But since my theme doesn't show the battery level I had no idea (didn't notice this until now)

Looks like Tamekia might be right. But we shall see when it's charged a bit more!
    08-25-08 03:41 PM
    I thought low battery was a different colour , amber ?? In any case I hope your problem resolves itself. Be sure to post back with your results once charged up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD