Mine shows T Mobile at startup
    07-29-09 07:56 AM
    You cannot change that.
    07-29-09 08:11 AM
    thanks unfortunate, i hate seeing th TMobile logo
    07-29-09 08:14 AM
    You only see it for what.. 3 seconds? lol
    07-29-09 08:19 AM
    You can change it but it involves a process called debranding the phone. Basically you brick the phone and erase everything from it. Then you write a new vendor id and flash screen and then bring it back to life by reloading the OS on it. I changed mine to vendor id 179, which is generic RIM. I have done it to both AT&T and T-Mobile phones and they now boot up with the Blackberry splash screen. There is a chance of permanently bricking the phone but BBs are very hard to brick. Here is a link that describes the process. You need to find the necessary files yourself by googling for them as they are not programs authorized for public release and end users aren't supposed to use them.

The process is multi-step and I would only suggest for people confident about their technical abilities. The process is a little scary and not suggested for the lighthearted. In the middle of the process the BB appears dead and you are certain you killed it. Then you gently nudge it back to life in its new debranded incarnation.

The following link is where I got the info on how to debrand my 8320. I have successfully debranded 5 8320s.

HOW TO: debrand/change Vendor ID on BlackBerry - Shanghai Expat (internet,computer,blackberry)

Below is the splash screen after debranding the phone.
    Last edited by jackbox; 07-29-09 at 11:52 AM.
    07-29-09 11:46 AM
    This is intriguing and I would like to do it. Unfortunately it appears the files on the link you supplied are no longer active. Anyway of pm'ng or zipping them to me?
    07-29-09 01:46 PM
    What are the odds of bricking the phone and starting anew for VZW phones? think that might solve the locked GPS issue once and for all? I bought a GPS puck I'll never give up the hope that one day a cure will be found for the VZW disease. Bastages.
    08-02-09 10:09 AM
    nothing new on changing the flash screen?
    08-03-09 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD