Will there ever be one available for the blackberry or something like it?
    06-23-08 05:16 PM
    Hopefully one day! Flash is one of those things that is difficult to translate to a smaller screen, because it is built in a movie frame. Certain things that take advantage of Flash like Youtube will be here soon on the next OS, but as for flash heavy websites, don't expect to use those soon at all.
    06-23-08 06:01 PM
    Flash is owned and controlled by Adobe. It is in their interests to satisfy the demand, once the demand reached a critical mass.

Would you say NO to 14 + 2.3 Million subscribers, for long?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 06:04 PM
    Flash is owned and controlled by Adobe. It is in their interests to satisfy the demand, once the demand reached a critical mass.

Would you say NO to 14 + 2.3 Million subscribers, for long?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Adobe is a software company though, and since their are way too many platforms for them to build the software to, the time to do that is not justified for porting a free web plugin to. They would want to build a new plugin that they can build mobile websites with and sell a Mobile Creative Suite.

I think Adobe could be working on something like Flash specifically for the mobile world, but I doubt they would make plugins for all of the mobile browsers out there. The way Flash works now, is based on Vector art, so if you shrink a window it scales everything down. HTML is different, it wraps text to make it still legible, but not look as good. Go to a website with a lot of text "in" an image, and you can see that the text is small and difficult to read. For something like the Iphone this is not difficult because the screen is pretty big, but on something like the curve, it is a little more difficult, and the Pearl would be close to impossible.
    06-23-08 06:32 PM
    I would like to have Flash Player too.
    06-24-08 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD