turn on camcorder and turn on flash...same thing as flashlight..why pay extra?

i use this as well not paying extra.......
    04-10-09 01:57 PM
    Will using the video light for say...an hour per.day wear out the flash faster? Not worried about battery since I will be charging while using it as reading light in bed.
    06-15-09 09:50 PM
    I put my video light in camcorder to "on" and made it my left convenience key. I love it, especially when I'm showing houses and need a flashlight- I've also used it while camping.
    06-29-09 09:11 AM
    I put my video light in camcorder to "on" and made it my left convenience key. I love it, especially when I'm showing houses and need a flashlight- I've also used it while camping.
    yep...i think that method beats any of those stupid flashlight programs
    06-29-09 06:27 PM
    I use the light off of the camcorder and is very bright. Just set it to come on when the camcorder opens and have it as a softkey. Works great and no need in paying 5 dollars for something the phone already has.
    07-08-09 01:31 PM
    t info> I am so glad I ran into it and think it can stand another 1st page peak for newbys like me. It's brighter than the flashlight I downloaded was, lol.

dsump
    CrackBerry Abuser
    Device Model: 8130(Pearl)
    Carrier: Verizon Join Date: Nov 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if I read it here or not, but just go to your video camera and turn on the flash and then exit. Now everytime you bring up your video camera, the flash turns on. You can assign one of your hotkeys to open the video camera and then that will be your light button.
    07-10-09 05:53 AM
    Dude, thanks that was the easiest, most complete answer to getting my led on for flashlight use. Thanx!!!
    12-12-09 02:27 PM
    Dude, thanks that was the easiest, most complete answer to getting my led on for flashlight use. Thanx!!!
    Once in the video cam mode, pressing the spacebar (and releasing it) will toggle your light on and off.
    12-12-09 03:17 PM
    Yeah I was actually going to say thats the exact thing that I do seeing as I work doing Security.

I turned on the Flash in Video Settings to Always On and then set the Video Recorder to one of the keys on the side so all I have to do is press that key for a second and then next thing you know I have a flashlight
    12-12-09 11:45 PM
    But it's true that it turns itself off fairly soon, at least on most phones. Once I was trying to get a look at something on my car and trying to angle the light through one opening while craning to look through another. First it kept turning off just as I was about to get it aimed right and get a look at what I was trying to see. Then I tried to keep making input to keep it on, and came very close to fumbling my new Storm onto wet pavement. That was when I learned why we need flashlight apps. Here's one that's free for the moment, don't know how long it will stay published free: Video Flashlight - Free
    Last edited by LSphone; 12-14-09 at 01:17 AM.
    12-13-09 11:35 PM
    Incredible! This works great! I have now moved the 'video' icon to the top where I have ready access to it on the home screen. All I did was change the flash setting to 'Always On', and now when I click the icon the light comes on. It toggles with the spacebar button. It stays on for about 5 minutes. Then hit the spacebar again, just like the folks above said it would. Certainly worth yet another thread bump, in my view. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 03:00 AM
    Which device and OS is keeping it on for 5 minutes at a time? I'd like to know. My devices (Curve and Storm) turn it off in about half a minute. In the downloads I see pretty much an even distribution of devices getting the flashlight apps, so I figured it was about the same on all devices.
    12-14-09 10:40 PM
    Here's what I use. It works great.

Hmm, apparently I'm not to be trusted. Not enough posts to insert a URL

Do a Google search for Shao-Soft.Com then look for their FlashOn software.
    12-14-09 10:50 PM
    Here:

ShaoSoft - Blackberry Software - Home

Wonder how he managed to cover the vidcam up without it turning the light off. I tried that and whenever it was in the background it turned the light off.
    12-15-09 02:36 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD