Ok, Ive read the tutorials, searched and searched and tried to install several times, but....
    Ive downloaded and installed the OS to my computer, and as Ive never upgraded in the past, I shouldnt have any previous versions stored correct?
    Ive deleted the vendor file, but when I try to install, all that comes up to install are the 3rd party aps which are allready on my phone. Im sure its probably something simple that Im overlooking, but Im at a loss! Can anyone offer me any insight?
    10-25-09 02:53 PM
    Try ussing the apploader instead of the DM if you deleted the vendor you should not have any problem, did you download the correct OS for your device check that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 03:39 PM
    Ya, I'm using apploader, and I've tried two different sources for the OS. Both were fromright here at the 83xx forum. I deleted the first one before I tried to install the second.

10-25-09 04:02 PM
    10-25-09 04:50 PM
    Ya, mutiple times.
    When I get to the wizard, it just doesn't show an OS update to install. Just the apps on my phone. If I continue, it says update completed, no actions taken.

10-25-09 05:03 PM
    According to your profile, you have an 8130, yet you're on the 83xx forum. This is the OS you should be installing, and that may be your problem:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new...tel-os-297471/
    10-25-09 05:10 PM
    Ya sorry, apperently I need to update my profile. I just got a 8330 on friday. Sorry for the confusion, I will update my profile when I get home.

10-25-09 05:21 PM
    Well in that case, my next questions are:

1. If you're using DM 5.0, have you done a search for the hidden vendor.xml it will install, and deleted it too? Also, if it's 5.0 or 4.7, did you make sure you disconnected from the internet before starting the upgrade?

2. Are you using Windows Vista or 7, which can create their own problems?
    10-25-09 05:27 PM
    I am using 4. 7, but I did do the search. I unplugged the net, but I just realized that I didn't turn off my wifi, could that cause the problems I am having? I am also running windows vista.

10-25-09 05:36 PM
    With vista, you may also need to log on as an administrator. I don't use Vista, but I have seen other users post this.

10-25-09 05:49 PM
    I read tjhat aswelll, good call.

10-25-09 05:57 PM
    Ok, Just tried to install with my internet connection turned off, with no luck. Anybody?
    10-25-09 08:35 PM
    Wait a minute. You just bought the phone on Friday?
    On your home screen, select the Options Icon, then scroll to 'About'. On the first screen, do you have an 8330 or an 8330m?
    If you have an 8330m, make sure you are installing the correct o/s. (One that is specifically for an 8330m) They are not interchangeable.

10-25-09 08:47 PM
    Nope, just checked on that star gazer, 8330. I used the 4.5 175 version provided by bravy02 at the top of the forums section.
    10-25-09 08:58 PM
    Bravy02 is the 8330m. If you have a normal 8330 then you want to use this one:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-339941/

They're 2 separate units.
    10-25-09 09:01 PM
    Ya, Im pretty sure thats the first one I downloaded last night, but Ill try again and let you know. Thanks for that! Fingers crossed!
    10-25-09 09:33 PM
    Thanks, Ill try that!
    10-25-09 09:35 PM
    Framing I'm still confused. You updated your profile, but now it says 8300.
    10-25-09 09:39 PM
    Oops my bad! Guess Im the one thats confused! Should say 8330, better change it again... Is it possible to lose memory card data like pictures and vids during an update? I hate where the memory card is on this phone, and to further complicate things, I have an otterbox which is a bit of a pita to remove and re-install any time I want to remove my memory card or do a battery pull. I have a soft restart that helps cut down the battery pulls though.
    10-25-09 11:07 PM
    Yes it is possible, and why in my upgrade guide, I recomend at a minimum, backing that card up for safe keeping. It doesn't happen often, and usually is caused more by disconnecting the device from the PC, without using the "safely remove hardware" feature, that should be present when you connect your curve to it. Presuming you have your mass media mode enabled.

I find it hard to believe someone can find CrackBerry using Google,
    yet couldn't find their "heat seeking moisture missile" in a speedo once they get here.

10-26-09 12:02 AM
    Ok, I finally got the new OS installed at about 2:30 in the morning! Everything went very smooth when I used the proper upgrade Thank you to everybody who helped, cause I obviously needed it!
    10-26-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD