I have done quite a bit of research but would like some of your advice.
    Details: used 8330 model; OS version 4.5.xxx; 50,000,000 bytes free memory

1) What is the best 3rd party web browser for the blackberry? and where can I download it?

2) Besides Blackberry's app website, do you use blackberry app world? What are some other websites that you commonly download apps from?

3) I am looking for the app "AutoStandBy" which automatically puts your phone into standby mode after a set idle period. However, I can not find the app anywhere. How can I still get it? Or are there any good alternatives?

4) For push email, can I delete an email address after I add it? Or can I change my default email address to a new one?

5) Should I get a electronic/mechanical parts warranty? How long have you owned your 83xx and have you ran into any problems?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by waterxyro; 12-25-10 at 03:27 PM.
    12-25-10 02:55 PM
    1. Opera Mini & Opera Mobile – Download: BlackBerry or Bolt Browser - Download Download both and pick which one you like best.
    2. Go to "Apps" in the header above.
    3. No idea
    4. Yes, go to your "Email Settings" icon, usually in your "Settings" folder, but could be anywhere. Or google "(your carrier) bis" to sign into your account from the computer. For your default address go to Options> Advanced> Default Services. The BlackBerry will always use the last email address you used for a contact though, you can always change that though when you compose an email.
    5. I wouldn't, but that's your choice. The 83XX is arguably the best BlackBerry ever made. It's known for taking lots of abuse, but still working like a champ.
    12-25-10 05:16 PM
    The browser I like best for my 8330 is Bolt-its the closest to the browser on your cpu. You can even have multiple tabs and full screen web pages. You just have to do some scrolling.
    And about the e-mail...... I have an icon for my e-mail settings that I can change my address if I want.
    And I have insurance on my phone but it will still cost a fortune for me to replace because of the high deductible. But at least you can insure a BB unlike the I-phone. Lol. I have had mine for bout 1 1/2 yrs and its doing good. Use your desktop manager (the disk that came with it)and keep your stuff backed up so if you would need a replacement you will have all your apps and numbers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD